Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,492   Posts: 1,542,972   Online: 906

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm
    Very, very much appreciated Steve!

You don't have any Diafine, do you? What I'm thinking is that Plus and Tri get such a speed bump in DF that if the results are the same, that would clinch the arguement of the "real" name of these films.

Off to FS to order......

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Was that a 442 in the shot ?? Thanks for the test show. Looks like a film that could grow on a person. I have a long rl of 400 on the way. looking forward to it.

Shooter
    35mm
    It was an Olds Cutlass, that's all I know. I am glad you liked the photos. I have bought 100ft of the AP100 and 2x100 of the AP400 and plan to buy much more. Oh yea, I am shooting a lot more b&w now. My son and grandkids came to wisit and I used my D2Hs only one day. I used to be a newspaper photog back in the day. Now I mostly shoot friends and family. Theirs are the lives I want to chronicle.

When we were in San Francisco several people commented on my using an "old" film camera (a 35mm Nikon FE2.) One guy said, "wow, that's old school."

You got it!

I am having fun:

~Steve

PS - Oh, sorry, I have no Diafine. I was thinking about getting some as I shot some AP400 at 1600 today.
    Last edited by ssloansjca; 08-22-2008 at 12:46 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: Typo fix

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Ya the 442 was a refined version of the Cutlass. I have 5 developers that they list time for. I going to be brave (or foolish) and try them all out. 1st one is going to be D-76 ( stick with Kodak) Should be a good starting point. I just love the excitement a child has when they first see a print being developed.
    Last edited by dances_w_clouds; 08-22-2008 at 04:00 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Steve, thanks for posting your tests of the new Arista films. They sound promising. I'm about to start exploring the new Tmax 400, but once I've used up my supply of that I may look into AP 400. Your FE2 must be the same vintage as my "new" Bronica 6x6!

Jon Porter
    Silicon Valley Silver Shooters

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks for the testing, Steve!

It's hard to believe that it is only eight years ago that people were dazzled with my little Oly digital. Almost no one had seen a digital camera then.

Now, as you say, film is the oddball! Everyone has a digital camera, even if only in their phone. (!!!!!!)

Shooter
    35mm

Freestyle's new USA made film.

Looking at the frestyle site they now have "arista Professionsl" film which is "made in USA".

The bigest maker in the US never used to be fond of private lable stuff. ANd I did not think that Ferania or FUji who AFAIK are the other folks who at least package film in the US, had a B&W stock.

Two types are listed 100 and 400 ASA

Anyone in LA who can buy a roll and try to guess the source from the packaging?

Shooter
    Holga
    Images
    Great thread on this here: http://www.apug.org/forums/forum37/5...400-films.html

should answer all of your questions.
    Be Well
    Victor
    Holga: if it was any more analog, you'd need a chisel.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Threads merged.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by 2F/2F View Post
    Medium format film is so cheap already that it is probably not worth anyone's (meaning Kodak's or Freestyle's) while.
    Medium format is cheap? Huh? A roll of 120 Tri-X at Freestyle is $3.79, or about $.32 per shot. A roll of 36 of this new Arista Premium works out to about $.05 per shot. Maybe 120 is cheaper by the square inch, but that doesn't help me much.

I'd be surprised if Kodak re-branded Tri-X in 120. At the very least they would have to change two manufacturing processes-the film and the backing-and it would probably not have the positive effect on overall film usage that making cheap 35mm available to students and enthusiasts will have.

Still, we can dream...

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin