Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,816   Posts: 1,581,633   Online: 837

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Tolerance, as in, dimensions of the paper. What width, + or - the nominal, will the machine transport?

Yes, it comes in sheet form from Freestyle, but Efke makes it in master rolls; contact them directly for possible roll lengths.

Shooter
    Instant Films
    Sorry about the delay in reply... my internet has been going in an out for the last week. Got AT&T coming today to take a look...grrr. The paper is roughly 1.5" wide on a 12-14" dia. spool. The center hole is about 3". These are rough dimensions. I'd have to open up a pack to get the exact measurements. I'll try to contact Efke.... but if you're serious about cutting this stuff for me, and know how to do it, we should chat via phone or email. Best! -Anthony

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Hi Anthony,

I have a converter that i work with up in NY. He specializes in paper and film. He did some of the Ilford way back when.
    I can put you in contact with him if you are interested.

Best,
    -ian mazursky nyc
    www.prepressexpress.com PrePress for photographers.
    www.ianmazursky.com Travel, Landscape, Portraits and my 12x20 diary

Shooter
    Pinhole
    Kino, I'm not familiar with the chemistry that your photobooth uses to process the direct positive paper; but I know what I've done to make direct in-camera portraits using the Efke paper. I would first recommend buying a pack of the Efke paper direct from Freestyle and experiment with it in your machine before commiting lots of time and dollars. It may, or may not, be a direct replacement for your application. You could cut strips in the darkroom, tape them together, and make a small spool, enough to do tests.

Also, if it works, perhaps you could point us alternative darkroom workers in the right direction for processing this paper, as there may be an optimal developing agent that we may be unfamiliar with. I'm also assuming that the photo booth uses a 'one-shot' processing regimen, where the developer and fix are in one solution; or does the machine run it through two seperate solutions?

I'm not in the market to compete with traditional photo booths (there are none that I know if in my community); rather, I'd like to do seated street portraits, and process the prints on-site.

~Joe

Shooter
    Medium Format

Where do you get the paper now?

I came across your post on looking for a new supplier but I am looking for any supplier. Can you tell me where you get it now? Also, do you know where I can get the paper magazine as well? Thanks, Chris

Shooter
    35mm
    Chris-
    we make the chems for the photobooths,there is a fellow in Florida that has a good sized inventory of parts for the photobooths.
    There is a source for the paper in Ohio
    Let me know if you are interested
    Bob

Shooter
    Instant Films

Thanks....

We have the paper source and sell it too. We are in Chicago: http://312photobooth.com. Photobooth Man in Florida has color film. We also have parts, a ton of magazines, etc. TechChem makes the chemistry great stuff... great price (was that you Bob?). Clayton also has bleach, CP and developer but more expensive. There are plenty of parts, materials and sources out there...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    KIS still sells/manufactures both color and black and white paper as far as I know.
    Helping to save analog photography one exposure at a time

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Manufacturer of such paper in Russia: http://www.slavich.ru/?id=61
    This type of paper calls 'Minutka' : )

Please tell me, I'm just curious. Is this paper really special? Or is it just ordinary BW paper in special roll format?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin