Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,806   Posts: 1,581,411   Online: 1135

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Instant Films

Photobooth Direct Positive Roll Paper? Looking for Manufacturer

Howdy friends! I own a vintage photobooth rental service. Does anyone know where can I find or manufacture direct positive roll paper? I currently purchase my paper from 2 different companies. 1 in the US and the other in Canada. I'm sure both distributers purchase their paper from the same compnay in Russia, or somewhere in Eastern Europe...? For good reason, both distributors are tight-lipped about what compnay produces the paper. And, by the time I get it, it's repackaged. Initially, I thought it was made by Slavich, but FreeStyle photo checked it our for me... they couldn't find it. I'd like to identify another source for this paper, since I buy a lot of it. And if I could buy it cheaper, great too! A few people have suggested I make some contacts in China to have them "reverse engineer" and manufactuer it? Any thoughts? Anyone know where I can track this paper down outside of where I get it now? Anyone know a compnay that will coat custom stock in roll form? I'd be willing to go to China, but have zero contacts...

FYI: The roll thickness is about 1.5" thick. Check the picture included, showing the film magazine. Also note, the paper has to be in roll form to work in the machine....

http://photoboof.com/galleries/old_booth/DSCN8246.jpg

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    See my post on another thread.

Papers not really the problem at all, you can get around speed & contrast variation, getting it slit is.

Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    What about the Fotokemika Efke direct positive paper at Freestyle?

http://www.freestylephoto.biz/sc_pro...pid=1000002933

It's weird they wouldn't point you in that direction, but then again, maybe they ARE the distributors to the other places... ?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Grant View Post
    See my post on another thread.

Papers not really the problem at all, you can get around speed & contrast variation, getting it slit is.

Ian
    A cheap mini lathe, a parting tool, bull nose center, IR goggles and a roll of paper....

Viola...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    That's gross overkill

I think many labs once use very simple tools to slit 8mm cine film, which was 16mm exposed twice

Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Yeah, I have one of those slitters, but the design won't do him any good.

An improvised lathe would work too.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    So if I blag some Kodak paper for him - you'll slit it ?

Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    What size roll are you talking about?

What are the tolerance parameters?

How much? How often?

If this is going to be a commercial venture, then we need to take it to email!

Shooter
    Instant Films

thanks....

Thanks for all the replies... I was away from the computer for a few days, so just saw these replies. I'm not sure what you mean by tolerances for the paper...? When it comes to the mechanics of the machines, I'm a whiz! But I'm not up on exact properties of the paper.... As for a commercial venture, I'm game for any suggestions. There's also a small niche market to sell this paper. It's not huge, but it does exist.... and it's fun, so not so bad! My email is available on my profile, so feel free to hit me up. I'm open to all suggestions... -ant

Shooter
    Instant Films
    Quote Originally Posted by Kino View Post
    What about the Fotokemika Efke direct positive paper at Freestyle?

http://www.freestylephoto.biz/sc_pro...pid=1000002933

It's weird they wouldn't point you in that direction, but then again, maybe they ARE the distributors to the other places... ?
    the Fotokemika Efke paper at FreeStyle is sheet.... but I'll see if I can go to them directly for roll??
    -Ant

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin