Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,205   Posts: 1,531,718   Online: 1094

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm
    Newly open Walmarts don't have a film processor in house any more. They only scan and print your already developed negatives and print the digital files. They do send them out though if you wish.

Shooter
    Medium Format

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I sent out a roll of E-6 120 over a week ago. When I called yesterday they told me that they couldn't find it in their computers and that I'd have to come fill out a claim for lost film. Has anyone else had this issue or is this just 1 time bad luck?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by nuckabean View Post
    I sent out a roll of E-6 120 over a week ago. When I called yesterday they told me that they couldn't find it in their computers and that I'd have to come fill out a claim for lost film. Has anyone else had this issue or is this just 1 time bad luck?

do you still have your bag receipt ?
    there is a 1800# on there to track your photos.
    for 120 E6 it takes about 2 weeks ...

Shooter
    35mm

"Lost" film

Sometimes those guys miss an envelope while scanning them out, other times maybe they don't even get scanned at all! The walmart computer system only tracks when it went out and when it's back in the store. If your envelope was not scanned, it's not in their system. I would assume this is the most likely scenario.

Once it reaches Fujicolor, it will be entered in their system which is independent of walmart's tracking system. If you call the 800 number on the slip and give them the store number (typically 50xxxx, the xxxx referring to the wm store #) they can usually pinpoint it. Since 120 is a "two week" service, I would give it another week, though. They do have a 'tracer' form which can be used to look for "lost"/mis-shipped/etc photos, but this is really only useful if you have the envelope and store #'s, both of which are found on the tear-off tag from the envelope. Before filling out a tracer I would call the 800 number and see if they have tabs on your photos as the tracer will not reach the lab until the next time film goes out (which has been cut back to 3x/week here).

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by davela View Post
    I can guarantee you that if Kodak simply put a sound stripe on their Super-8 film as they once did, small film makers would be beating their door down to buy it at high prices.
    MY understanding is that they had a process to put on a sound stripe that used a solvent to paint on the binder, and then recover the solvent, and the equipment ran afoul of the EPA because the solvent recovery was not 100%.

It would have cost them a small fortune to redesign the process, and that would only be worth the investmnet if they could count on a large volume of sales, like the total volume of super 8 going to the striped verson.

The existing Super 8 line is probaly considered as a subsidy to Film Schools so that the kids comming up will understand that Film is different from Video, and so want to work on Film productions rather then Video productions.

The movie Kodachrome was apperently a different product than the slide film, and Kodak does have standards for quality that mean they can't hold stuff in the freezer for more than a few years. (in fact I suspect that they don't have frozen storage, just refigerated for the "coffins" that hold master rolls. (60 inches or so by 3000FT)

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Just as an update, the day after I posted that, I called fuji and they figured out my account number for me and we discovered that the film was in store. I got it that afternoon and it looked great. The next question is, has anyone asked for scans from 120? If so, how much were they?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Wal-Mart Process 120 Film!? Hallelujah!!!

I'm a digital shooter who has just begin to start shooting film. I found a local photo labe here in the Knoxville area that develops E-6/B&W film. The first time I went there I had them develop a roll of Ilford 3200. I asked them how much they charged for develop only. They said $7. I then asked if they developed 120 film. They said yes.

To make a long story short. I picked up a Mamiya 645E and dropped of my first roll of 120 film. When I came to pick up my develop only 120 film they said, "that will be $20" That's right $20! As you can imagine I almost had a heart attack. I told them that was outrageous, and for that price I would develop it myself. They gave me some ridiculous story about how the negatives were larger so it cost more.

I plan on doing my own B&W developing in the near future. But I also want to shoot color slide film...and their is no way I'm paying $20 per roll.

So here's my question:
    Can all Wal-marts develop 35mm, 120, 126, and 127 film? I asked my local Sam's Club if they only develop 35mm film and they said yes. But I never asked if they shipped out other formats.

Sorry for the long post, but already one lab closed down in my area and, these film labs are not going to stay in business if they keep charging people $20 bucks, in my opinion.
    120: Mamiya 645E w/ Mamiya-Sekor C 80mm f/2.8
    Ansco Color Clipper
    Spartus Box Camera
    135: Mamiya/Sears Auto CS 1000MX (NC 1000) w/ Auto Mamiya-Sekor CS 50mm f/1.7
    126: Kodak Instamatic X-15
    127: Kodak Brownie Starmite II
    Polaroid: Autofocus 660 SE

Shooter
    35mm

Wal-Mart's ...

Just retrieved first processed roll of Velvia 120! Looks good, and less than $5.

John

Shooter
    35mm
    MG645, FYI this thread is in reference to the SEND OUT (i.e. "3 day drop box) service only, not the lab in the store. In store labs are only set up to accommodate 35mm and APS printing. Some stores also do 110 onsite, as well. Keep in mind that while the prices for the send out service are very reasonable the turnaround time for 120 and other 'odd formats' is "guaranteed two weeks from the send-out date." In my area it's usually a week but sometimes takes the full two weeks. Happy shooting!

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin