Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,767   Posts: 1,516,440   Online: 936

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast

Shooter
    Med. Format RF

5" prints

Does anyone know what the price would be for b&w prints from 120 film for

5"x5" size? I paid $1.56 for 3" color prints and developing, but since the quality is so good, I'd rather have larger prints right away.

Also, can the send away service scan the negatives directly to disc instead of making prints? Any ideas on the charges for these services?

Does Fuji do the b&w developing for non-c41 film or does the film get sorted to another facility?

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by cmacd123 View Post
    MY understanding is that they had a process to put on a sound stripe that used a solvent to paint on the binder, and then recover the solvent, and the equipment ran afoul of the EPA because the solvent recovery was not 100%.

It would have cost them a small fortune to redesign the process, and that would only be worth the investmnet if they could count on a large volume of sales, like the total volume of super 8 going to the striped verson.

The existing Super 8 line is probaly considered as a subsidy to Film Schools so that the kids comming up will understand that Film is different from Video, and so want to work on Film productions rather then Video productions.

The movie Kodachrome was apperently a different product than the slide film, and Kodak does have standards for quality that mean they can't hold stuff in the freezer for more than a few years. (in fact I suspect that they don't have frozen storage, just refigerated for the "coffins" that hold master rolls. (60 inches or so by 3000FT)
    Yeah I've heard all of these stories too, and I'm skeptical. I still do not think they value their own technical prowess in film fully. Laying a mag stripe on a film is trivial compared to the industrial complexity of making even the most basic semiconductors (for instance). Fortunately there are overseas film producers that understand supply and demand better. They don't have Kodak's technology however.

Shooter
    35mm
    Hi,

Can anyone who has used the Wal Mart to Dwayne's send out service recently tell me what the current prices are for 120 and 220 E6 and C-41 film?

I heard they went up.
    Thanks.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by B&Wpositive View Post
    Hi,

Can anyone who has used the Wal Mart to Dwayne's send out service recently tell me what the current prices are for 120 and 220 E6 and C-41 film?

I heard they went up.
    Thanks.
    I just got back a roll of C-41 120 w/ prints - it was about $1.50, i'm not sure of the exact price. I checked the "5 inch prints" box thinking they meant 5x7, but i got back 5x3.5. Watch out for that.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by c.w. View Post
    I just got back a roll of C-41 120 w/ prints - it was about $1.50, i'm not sure of the exact price. I checked the "5 inch prints" box thinking they meant 5x7, but i got back 5x3.5. Watch out for that.
    $1.50 for dev and prints? Not bad. Fortunately my local Ritz will run my 120 through their Frontier (even though they can't make prints). But for the convenience I think I'll stick to that as long as it's available.

I send my Kodachrome and some 35mm E6 through Wal-Mart and they recently upped the price from $4.88 to $6.88. It's still worth it and much cheaper than direct to Dwayne's with shipping. How much is the 120 E6? How does it come back?
    Kodachrome
    They give us those nice bright colors
    They give us the greens of summers
    Makes you think all the world's a sunny day, oh yeah.
    -Paul Simon

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mongo6407 View Post
    Does anyone know what the price would be for b&w prints from 120 film for

5"x5" size? I paid $1.56 for 3" color prints and developing, but since the quality is so good, I'd rather have larger prints right away.

Also, can the send away service scan the negatives directly to disc instead of making prints? Any ideas on the charges for these services?

Does Fuji do the b&w developing for non-c41 film or does the film get sorted to another facility?
    I tried to get a scan CD from my Kodachrome that I sent through Wal-Mart send-out service, and Dwayne's put their little slip in the box saying they couldn't do it. I'm guessing it's not a contracted service though I have not since tried to request it for E6 rolls, and I've only ever sent 35mm through Wal-Mart. I'd be more interested in a scan CD for 35mm, since I can do a halfway decent job of scanning my 6x7 slides with my flatbed due to their size.
    Kodachrome
    They give us those nice bright colors
    They give us the greens of summers
    Makes you think all the world's a sunny day, oh yeah.
    -Paul Simon

Shooter
    35mm
    I send my Kodachrome and some 35mm E6 through Wal-Mart and they recently upped the price from $4.88 to $6.88
    I noticed this as well, quite a bummer!

Shooter
    35mm
    I added to photomfa.com Walmart Photo Lab Send out so that there is a central place to review it from.

Shooter
    35mm
    Has anyone done 120/220 or E6 lately? I have searched for pricing and availability, but all the posts seem to be a couple years old.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    here in the bay area (california), e-6 was $4.88 and $2.88 for c-41(no prints). I just got my rolls back last week.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin