Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,205   Posts: 1,531,676   Online: 1133

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format

Nikon F6 is not discontinued

Hello,

now we have an official statement (Nikon Germany), that the rumours about the production stop of the F6 are not true (rumours in many internet forums).
    This camera stays in production.
    I think very good news, it is an absolutly outstanding camera.

Best regards,
    Henning

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    There is not even one body in stock...... ??
    At B&H is BACK ORDERED??

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...Autofocus.html

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I hadn't heard any rumors like this at all, but it's nice to hear it discredited.
    The Analogue Laboratory, or 'so you built a darkroom in an old factory in the industrial zone'.
    Blog thing!.

Worry less. Photograph more.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    A few years back the Nikon USA rep told me that everything from Nikon is produced in batches and often things become unavailable until the next batch is produced. Nikon is a small company after all.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Whenever you want to see what is discontinued from Nikon, you go here.
    Anything else claimed somwhere on the net is nothing but bogus scamming by some peddler of digital devices trying to drum up business using good old FUD.
    Cheers
    Noons (Nuno Souto)
    Gallery here

Shooter
    Multi Format
    That link seems to be for digital products. For the rest there is this link http://www.nikon-image.com/jpn/produ...hers/index.htm
    And the F6 is not listed.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by pedrosolorzano View Post
    There is not even one body in stock...... ??
    At B&H is BACK ORDERED??

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...Autofocus.html
    Pedro, here in Europe it is similar. I ordered my new Nikon F6 in the middle of december. And it was delivered last week, so delivery time is currently about 3-4 weeks.
    Seems that most distributors don't have them in stock and supply is coming direct from Japan.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Fleath View Post
    I hadn't heard any rumors like this at all, but it's nice to hear it discredited.
    AFAIK the rumor started with a statement of Grays of Westminster, the big Nikon dealer in London. In general a very realiable source. Then it "travelled" around the world via some internet forums (I have seen it on photo.net, nikonians.org, some european Nikon forums).

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by fdisilvestro View Post
    That link seems to be for digital products. For the rest there is this link http://www.nikon-image.com/jpn/produ...hers/index.htm
    And the F6 is not listed.
    Yes, and the F6 is still listed on the page with the current products in production: http://imaging.nikon.com/products/imaging/index.htm

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by patrickjames View Post
    A few years back the Nikon USA rep told me that everything from Nikon is produced in batches and often things become unavailable until the next batch is produced. Nikon is a small company after all.
    Just about everything you buy is made in batches

The only thing that varies are the size of the batch and the frequency of the production runs

Its a very economic way to manufacture

It also means you buy more freshly made products

Do you really want to buy a camera/lens/.... that has been sitting in a warehouse somewhere for some years gathering dust or would you prefer a recently made example fresh from the factory ?

The only obvious example that are made by a continuous process are cars

Martin

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin