Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,557   Posts: 1,545,156   Online: 985

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin Reed View Post
    The film runs from cassette to cassette, in a similar fashion to the old Agfa Rapid 35mm cameras, if anyone remembers that. So cutting and rethreading is straightforward. Or, as you're using bulk loading, remember, use a shorter length.
    Martin thanks for that, I have often cut and rethreaded 35mm when I have wanted the negs quickly so this seems a deffinate goer, now to find cost of back.
    Regards Paul.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Sign me up for 2 rolls of HP5+, please.

I bought 3 reels just this year from Sullins, for a bit more than $8 each.

http://www.sullinsndt.com

They suggested to not buy a tank b/c of weight and cost, rather to try a 5-gallon Igloo drink cooler! I couldn't imagine sloshing 5 gallons around like a daylight tank, so bought the 2-gallon version. It will hold 2 reels, but is a smidge too small to hold 3 reels (each reel is supposed to hold 13').

I'm nearly ready to go: Hassy back, cassettes, bulk loader, reels and "tank". I have some film (old Tri-X), but I want to get my back CLA'd first b/c I don't want to run 50 shots through it then find out that I have a light leak or overlap...
    Michael Robert Taylor
    Ottawa

I wish I'D said that.... Bartlett

http://www.apug.org/gallery1/browsei...imageuser=7358

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Don't know about your back but usually you can fire some frames off. Take the back off in the darkroom. Cut the film and remove the take up can. Then process the exposed film.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yes! Thanks, Nick.
    Michael Robert Taylor
    Ottawa

Shooter
    35mm
    Isn't 70mm still produced for IMAX?

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan

70mm reel/tank

rolland elliot has a jobo-alternative for 125 usd for use on jobo machines(cpa2/cpp)- a good investment.
    george s. pearl of atlanta( go to panphoto.com forum) offers a similar one. both have no film-reel-loader like jobo.
    the easiest way is buying the still existing 2517-reel from jobo(maybe they are out of stock at jobo germany) 2517=220-lenght(185cm). loading in 2500 tanks or testdrum(for prints 10x40cm). buy jobo cpa2 or cpp-rotating machines. high-quality-development with waterbath of you use hot-processes. i used 500ml-bottles but replenished. bought 5 lt- solution.
    one can easily push/pull films, also colornegative. agfa avicolor are built to do this. you dont need b+w anymore when using x100 or x400. also ideal for scanning, have no mask.
    i have older ilford xp-2 400 -DP(2x 70mm/30m) left. maybe will use for special developments. dont know which one is best. i use 70mm in roundshot 65/70/220. 120 is also possible.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by AutumnJazz View Post
    Isn't 70mm still produced for IMAX?
    Yes, of course, but that is not still camera film.

It's not even 70mm, it's 65, so you couldn't use it even if you could find a movie lab to process it for you.

I've heard a few people mention they would like to buy 70mm backs. I have three Hassy ones sitting around (they take perforated film, but I believe can be modified for unperf. too if you just remove or sand down the teeth on the roller; I even have a Mamiya that runs unperf with the perforated roller still in), so send me a PM and make me an offer!

Does anyone know of any former cassette suppliers other than Linhof? I want to get in touch with everyone who made the cassettes to see if we can't just get a new run of them made, or find a new company to make them.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Hewes - 70mm reel to fit Jobo tank 2500 series

Dear all,

I have been in contact with Hewes with regards to fitting their reel into a jobo tank.

Nigel from Hewes, got back to me with the following information ; they are happy to run a small run of 50 units of 70mm reels to fit the jobo tank 2500 series at £30 + 17.5%VAT per unit.

I'd be game for a reel, is there enough of us for a production run?

Regards

Delphine

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm interested, Delphine. Tell me again, what length will fit on a Hewes reel?

Thanks for checking into this.
    Michael Robert Taylor
    Ottawa

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin