Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,049   Posts: 1,561,094   Online: 821

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
    AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    In contrast to type 120 or 220 machinery, I expect each manufacturer to still have 70mm slitters, perforators and signing machines at the plant.

The issue is whether any special conversion and offering to the market is profitable.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by tmike View Post
    I'm interested, Delphine. Tell me again, what length will fit on a Hewes reel?
    I am enquirying with Hewes. Will post when I know.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by delphine View Post

Nigel from Hewes, got back to me with the following information ; they are happy to run a small run of 50 units of 70mm reels to fit the jobo tank 2500 series at £30 + 17.5%VAT per unit.

I'd be game for a reel, is there enough of us for a production run?

Regards

Delphine
    If it's like the Jobo 70mm reel it's only 5 feet I think. Not much more then 220 for sure. So you'd need three reels for each 70mm load. That means cutting rolls up .

Why not look at the X-ray reels? Sure they're plastic but less then $10 usually.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Hewes is confirming that the length would be around the same as a 220 film, i.e. approx 76".

For my purpose, that is fine.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Dear all,

I have been in contact with Hewes with regards to fitting their reel into a jobo tank.

Nigel from Hewes, got back to me with the following information ; they are happy to run a small run of 50 units of 70mm reels to fit the jobo tank 2500 series at £30 + 17.5%VAT per unit.

Regards

Delphine
    That's wonderful news, since the developing is a problem that needs to be solved. If there were a 70mm back for my Koni-Omega, I would do this in a heartbeat.
    Charles Hohenstein

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Dear all,

I have been in contact with Hewes with regards to fitting their reel into a jobo tank.

Regards

Delphine
    For a commercial operation, a minimum order of 50, and charging £30 a piece, they are giving them away. That is a very good deal, that you would be foolish to pass up on
    "Flatter Me, and I May Not Believe You. Criticize Me, and I May Not like You. Ignore Me, and I May Not Forgive You. Encourage Me, and I Will Not Forget You."

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurum View Post
    That is a very good deal, that you would be foolish to pass up on
    It certainly is. I am surprised that a stronger interest is not being expressed.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    In a thread about an attempt to get some usable 70 mm film from somewhere, now that it has almost disappeared completely, you are surprised that there isn't a rush on reels to proces the stuff on?

(P.S. I have a reel, and tank. And all the rest. Just no usable 70 mm film.
    I too would have liked to see a modern film rather than FP4 and HP5.)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Jobo Shmobo...

What will the physical size of a Hewes 70mm reel be?
    Those of us who aren't into designer processing equipment need to determine if the reel will fit our low-tech tanks. Or, if necessary, to make a tank to fit...

Reinhold

www.classicBWphoto.com

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Hello,

I bought a couple of reels and tanks (stainless) a couple of years ago - rather pricey as I recall. I have not used them yet, and I forget just what the maximum length of film is that they hold, but the are about 8 inches in diameter IIRC. I also have a roll of 70mm that I got from J&C which must be out of date by now, but not my much. I will use it, but probably not until summer 2009. So, I am not in the market for a new Hewes reel, but I think their price is very good. I would be interested in some fresh film.

Cheers,
    Clarence

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin