Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,573   Posts: 1,545,697   Online: 788

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by delphine View Post
    Dear all,

I have been in contact with Hewes with regards to fitting their reel into a jobo tank.

Nigel from Hewes, got back to me with the following information ; they are happy to run a small run of 50 units of 70mm reels to fit the jobo tank 2500 series at £30 + 17.5%VAT per unit.

I'd be game for a reel, is there enough of us for a production run?

Regards

Delphine

Delphine,

I would buy a reel or 2 from them if they fit JOBO 2500 tanks. I run a ATL 1500 and they take 2500 series tanks. Would these reels fit on the plastic cores? They would almost have to. Please keep me advised if this goes anywhere. Would love to process 70mm film im my JOBO ATL1500!

Jamie
    Keep Film Alive, Shoot Everyday!
    JamiesInfraredPhotography.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have 30+ rolls of B&W & color 70mm emulsions from Kodak and Agfa in my deep-freeze. What is the latest on this, I would be willing to get some fresh 70mm HP5 and FP4. What is the latest on this?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    There seems to be sufficient interest in FP4 70mm to justify doing the run in this emulsion first, but as all the orders so far are from the US, we had better establish that the cost of shipping it from the UK is acceptable.

Running the weight past our franking machine, it looks like 1 70mm roll will be approx. £12 Sterling, and 2 cans £19. I'll find out if there are any better deals, and the cost of larger numbers of cans. Also I'll find out what form the packing will take, whether plastic or metal cans, which might have some bearing on the X-ray risk.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin Reed View Post
    ...Also I'll find out what form the packing will take, whether plastic or metal cans, which might have some bearing on the X-ray risk.
    That should make no difference in x-ray effects. I suggest you check with Simon about how Ilford HARMAN deals with this issue.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    If xray is an issue for folks, I'd be just as happy (maybe even a bit happier) to buy Pan F...
    "Only dead fish follow the stream"

[APUG Portfolio] [APUG Blog] [Website]

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    P.S. On the other hand, surely the Queen or another Royal Representative will be sailing to the colonies this year. Perhaps One could stow some Fine English Film in One's cabin for orderly dispersal at a receptive port. Were it possible to make this arrangement, One would thus uphold the Most Honoured Tradition of the Company without compromises due to the various effects mentioned herein. Indeed, One does wish to maintain the full integrity of One's Film, Tea, and so forth.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm interested in some FP4, 2 rolls would be enough for me now, but of course, I might get into it and wish I'd asked for more.

Unfortunately (for me) some of my preferred films are not likely to happen. My favorite film in 70mm, no longer available, was Kodak's B&W Aerial infrared, which I used as infrared but sometimes w/o filter as a substitute for a fast pan film. I don't suppose anything like that would be possible. Also, nobody's mentioned delta 3200. I'd love that! - if the shipping issues/x-ray could be managed.

Standard factory loads here in the US, as I recall (could go and look in the freezer to find out for sure) were 15'. The reels I use take 1/2 of that.

It is gratifying that there is so much interest in 70mm. I wasn't expecting to see that.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by bowzart View Post
    Unfortunately (for me) some of my preferred films are not likely to happen. My favorite film in 70mm, no longer available, was Kodak's B&W Aerial infrared, which I used as infrared but sometimes w/o filter as a substitute for a fast pan film. I don't suppose anything like that would be possible.
    As you probably know, aerial panatomic-x (extended red) is still available, fresh. I dunno about aerial IR. Anyway, what is still available is 5", so you'd slit it down the middle and attached a perfed leader to use it on 70mm. I have been contemplating that for use on my rb67 70mm vacuum back.

If Ilford were willing to supply 70mm sfx, I bet that would generate a good deal of interest.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by keithwms View Post
    If Ilford were willing to supply 70mm sfx, I bet that would generate a good deal of interest.
    That would be great. I would find Panatomic X interesting but given my processing methods and particular needs, not useful enough to motivate me to buy it; especially with the trouble of cutting it down.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by keithwms View Post
    Sorry to labour the point, but Ilford/Harman aren't going to make any 70mm except as a special order, which then relies on a dealer who is willing to take a gamble with the minimum order quantity. I personally am geared up for 70mm and would like a regular supply of the Ilford films in this format, which is why I'm pushing for it.

So if there ARE enough people interested in SFX 70mm, could they please reveal themselves!

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin