Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,224   Posts: 1,532,568   Online: 1042

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'd have a kid just sell my first born for it. Unfortunately, I'm guessing that is what it might cost.

Quote Originally Posted by Martin Reed View Post
    Sorry to labour the point, but Ilford/Harman aren't going to make any 70mm except as a special order, which then relies on a dealer who is willing to take a gamble with the minimum order quantity. I personally am geared up for 70mm and would like a regular supply of the Ilford films in this format, which is why I'm pushing for it.

So if there ARE enough people interested in SFX 70mm, could they please reveal themselves!
    Martin, please forgive the high "signal to noise ratio" and "if wishes were horses" phenomena present in this thread.

I am down for a couple of rolls, whether they be FP4 or HP5.

Still think Delta 100 would be better received though.

Doesn't EK still offer Plus-X for sale in the UK in 70mm?

I just don't think this market can support competitive overlaps with such low volume at this point.

Wish you all the best of luck with your endeavour.

Thanks for digging up info on 70mm reels too. I will be getting in touch with them soon.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    1- month ago I bought in Somerset (UK) Kodak Plus-X Aerographic 2402 70mm x 150ft with exp. date feb-2006 for GBP 95.00/can.
    This is very good old stock, but from a long time I didn’t see any fresh 70mm Plus-X on European market.

I’m very satisfied with Ilford 70mm HP5 Aerial Film which was not perforated version, the old stock 3-years after exp. date is still a great performer as a fresh one.

Since 220 is gone I’m very enthusiastic to any action to raise 70mm format stuff.

Martin, I’m very pleased for your APUG action, I left the order for 2-cans of 70mm perf FP4 on your e-mail box.
    I’m really interested in 2-cans of 70mm perf HP5 also.

It would be great to see SFX in 70mm format – it’s a dream for me.

Jan Wilhelm

Shooter
    Multi Format

Going for it!

Here goes, then. I've put FP4+ 70mm x 30m on the Silverprint site as an order-able item, priced at £80.50 sterling. This is plus VAT (value added tax) but this would not apply to orders going outside the EU.

Shipping to the States; there are a number of ways of shipping, the cheapest being by sea, which can take many weeks and is untraceable. The most suitable, although more expensive, looks like this one, text from the Royal Mail website;

"Royal Mail Airsure Packets
    This is our accelerated Airmail service available to certain destinations only. You can send goods, gifts and commercial samples up to 2kg at the Airmail Small Packet postage rate plus the Airsure fee. We put your mail on the first available flight to its country of destination and your Airsure item will be tracked electronically to the point of delivery."

A can of 70mm comes in at 500g, so with a bit of packaging comes into the > 1kg bracket, which is £17.47, inc. insurance. Up to 2kg is £27.47, inc. insurance, which would therefore cover 2-3 cans, and be rather more economical. But if people want to go the cheaper route, I'll work those out as well.

If this method of shipping is acceptable, could those people interested please place an order on the Silverprint site - if we reach orders for 30 cans (half the minimum) we will go ahead with Harman, and the rolls should be made within a few weeks. To get an order on the system you will have to put in C/C details, but no money can be taken until the order is fulfilled, and you can cancel at any time. If we don't reach the minimum, we'll void the orders.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks, Martin; order placed. Perhaps the packaging will weigh in less than 500g....

Cheers.
    Michael Robert Taylor
    Ottawa

I wish I'D said that.... Bartlett

http://www.apug.org/gallery1/browsei...imageuser=7358

Shooter
    Multi Format
    O.K. Martin, thanks for pushing it.

The order for 2-cans placed on the Silverprint site. It will be the great stuff.
    I hope you will reach the minimum soon.

Cheers,

Jan Wilhelm

At the current exchange rate, that's $115/ro. Reasonable.

I have to ask though. . . how does one go about making payment in a foreign currency? Is it automatic, and at current market prices through a service like PayPal, or is there a fee?

I'm a bit confused on shipping too. 500g +500g = 1 kg by my reasoning. What does the < 1 kg shipping cost? Is air mail really the best option in this case?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by FilmIs4Ever View Post
    At the current exchange rate, that's $115/ro. Reasonable.

I have to ask though. . . how does one go about making payment in a foreign currency? Is it automatic, and at current market prices through a service like PayPal, or is there a fee?

I'm a bit confused on shipping too. 500g +500g = 1 kg by my reasoning. What does the < 1 kg shipping cost? Is air mail really the best option in this case?
    If paying by credit card the conversion is automatic, and usually the exchange rate is better than 'tourist' rates.

It's unfortunate that a 70mm x 30m roll scrapes in at only a fraction below 500g - the only 70mm I had available was an Agfa Aviphot roll, which in a plastic pot was 493 grams. With any packaging at all that takes it out of the < 500g bracket. I'm still waiting to see if Ilford 70mm would be in plastic or metal, but can't see it being any lighter. So 2 rolls is definitely > 1kg. If one roll did end up below 500g, the rate is £12.47 inc. insurance.

I'm only thinking air mail, in the sense that storage in transit is less of a problem, and in 4 days the only potential deterioration would be man-made. I'll have a look at the other options again tomorrow.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Thanks Martin! I'll order soon!
    "Only dead fish follow the stream"

[APUG Portfolio] [APUG Blog] [Website]

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Martin,

I've ordered 1 can for now, may be adding to it as I see room develop in the budget for it. The order is a bit confusing because it automatically adds the VAT (which we in the US wouldn't be required to pay) and gives no option for shipping as you specified. I presume that all of this would be corrected when the time comes. Right?

Thanks a lot for doing this.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin