Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,941   Posts: 1,585,710   Online: 1064

Page 1 of 11 1234567 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format

Ilford 70mm Film Special?

As a possible extension of the Harman special sheet film production scheme, is there any interest in something similar in FP4/HP5 in 70mm perforated?

Having run it past the planners at Harman, they are prepared to cut it as a special order for Silverprint. We would have to order a minimum of 60 cans of 30 metres, in either film type, and keeping it priced as competitively as possible it would sell at £80.00 + VAT per roll. This price is not significantly more than the equivalent sq. metres in 35mm 30 metres, so Harman are being supportive here. We would take a chance in holding some stock, but would like around 60-70% of it covered with committed orders to go ahead.

When we first discussed it, Simon Galley estimated it would need a £20-30k order to kick it off - this then came down to 120 cans, so 60 cans is a big concession from Harman. So is there enough of a user base in 70mm to keep a regular supply of the format on tap, in very popular emulsions? We await the response with interest.

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan
    Hello Martin:I would be interested in one can of each but it would be to facilitate re-spooling 116/616 spools and backing paper for re-use in old cameras.I don't know if the perforations would be a problem and I doubt that Harman would produce the order in both perforated and non-perforated for those who would want to do what I would be using it for.Any thoughts on this?.

I realize that there is still 70mm non-perforated film by Kodak still available in the U.S. from B&H, but two more types would give a better selection to choose from and I realize that to ship it to either Canada or the U.S. would involve significant costs as well as the exchange rate but I would be willing to take that into consideration.Just my two cents worth.

Doug

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by spoolman View Post
    ..... I doubt that Harman would produce the order in both perforated and non-perforated for those who would want to do what I would be using it for.Any thoughts on this?....
    Doug
    I'm pretty sure not possible, any making would be one type, one packing, but I'll ask the question. The proposed 60 x 30m order is very small to a factory on the scale of Harman.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have a last can of Ilford HP5 Plus aerial 70mm x 30m unperforated film - 3 years beyond the expiration date. No apparent problem with that stuff so far. Since it is compatible with my Graflex RH50 back only it would be nice to try the new, fresh batch with type II perf. with my Hassy 70mm backs.
    Martin, I would be interested in one can of HP5 and FP4 type II perf. 70mm films.

Jan Wilhelm

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Does anyone know if there is a Bronica SQ series 70mm back? Additionally, how does one go about developing 70mm film? - obviously a reel to load the film would be the essential item.

2nd. Would the film be provided in camera ready loads?

Tom.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'd be up for 3 or 4 rolls of FP4.

Anyone who knows a source of new cannisters, please PM me.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Just a comment that if you are contemplating getting a roll or several of 70mm 30 meter film, you should have your processing methods all sorted out. Do you have a 70mm reel? The lengths normally found in 70mm cassettes (if you are reloading) are long and require a special large reel and tank. Of course if you purchase a "bulk" roll you can cut your length to suit when you reload your cassettes. If you use a custom pro lab for your processing, you need to give them a call and see if they can handle 70mm.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Where does one even find a 70mm bulk loader?
    I'm interested, but I don't own any 70mm equipment. I just don't shoot that much medium format, I suppose, but I'd like to see this accomplished.
    The Analogue Laboratory, or 'so you built a darkroom in an old factory in the industrial zone'.
    Blog thing!.

Worry less. Photograph more.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hewes Products have always produced 70mm spirals, and they're still in the range in 3 and 5 metres. If this came about we would act as a stockist for them.

http://www.hewes.co.uk/

70mm cassettes appear regularly on ebay;

http://photography.shop.ebay.co.uk/?...tte&_sacat=625

Tanks are a different issue, the easiest option might be just using 3 gallon deep tanks.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I would be interested in one can, HP5 preferably.

Best

Delphine

Page 1 of 11 1234567 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin