Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,946   Posts: 1,585,903   Online: 1037

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

New Arista Lith Dev

Just came back from Freestyle. Arista Lith Liquid (and I guess powder also) is now from a new manufacturer. Got it, will test to see how different it is from the old one.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Good to know Guillaume. Thanks for being the crash test dummy :-). Would be good to see the comparisons. Did Freestyle indicate that the chemistry had changed at all with the switch to a different vendor?? I still have nearly half my large 2 gallon kit from 18 months ago. I only mix 50ml each of A&B when I do a lith session so it lasts a LOOOONG time.
    Please check out my website www.amoxomphotography.com and APUG Portfolio .....

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Any opinion on this after 3.5years? ;-)
    This is quite economical and would make for a lot more darkroom time than ld20 or moersch.
    Scott

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I got the powder. Looking at the MSDS it says Naccolith.
    Rudman had this to say about naccolith
    "Nacco Naccolith: (US)
    This comes in a variety of sizes. In my limited experience of it (not available in the UK), this
    developer easily produces warm brown Lith prints, but may be more suited to those who
    like brown prints with less extreme ‘lithy’ properties."

He also said that the powder is a different manufacturer than the liquid.
    That's quite evident looking at the msds for both. The MSDS for the liquid version looks pretty close to LD20.
    Scott

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    To date I have used LD20, Rollei Lith, Moersch, and like Andrew, I am now working my way through those huge jugs of Arista Lith. I have been able to get similar results from all four after some tinkering with dilution and old brown. So I guess I will be surprised if the new Arista is substantially different.

web site: Dan Henderson, Photographer.com

blog: https://danhendersonphotographer.wordpress.com/

I am not anti-digital. I am pro-film.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin