Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,840   Posts: 1,582,514   Online: 936

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 123456789101115 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    There was a Ritz in the local mall that my wife used to have prints made at. I never bought anything.

There are still two locally owned shops here in Albuquerque. One I will never buy anything at because they are such twits and the other I buy at when it is a last resort because the prices are just too high.

A couple years back, a new shop opened in Santa Fe and the continue to meet B&H's prices. Plus they have terrific customer service and everyone in the place is a photographer.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I assume this would include all of the Ritz group stores, such as Inkleys(?).

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by david b View Post
    There was a Ritz in the local mall that my wife used to have prints made at. I never bought anything.

There are still two locally owned shops here in Albuquerque. One I will never buy anything at because they are such twits and the other I buy at when it is a last resort because the prices are just too high.

A couple years back, a new shop opened in Santa Fe and the continue to meet B&H's prices. Plus they have terrific customer service and everyone in the place is a photographer.
    After how they treated myself and other employees, F--k them! You get bitched at when you don't sell the "right"(read high margin/high SI) things that they are keeping track of, you get bitched at for fixing the frontier instead of waiting for fujifilm to drive from Edison NJ to wherever you are about 4 hours away, then you get told they completely rely on you, and only you for machine upkeep and trouble shooting because the manager has a bad back, and the assistant says "I won't touch that chemicals are icky". I can't even count the number of time's I've been woken up late at night because there's some error code that some retarded high school dropout was too lazy to look up, and finally, they fire you.....why? For fixing the machine, that's a write up, for hanging up on the other tech at 11:30pm after telling them to look an error code up in the manual, another write up, oh and they were downsizing. You can't be full time there now unless you have completely open availability, all store hours, 7 days a week.
    Last edited by bob100684; 02-23-2009 at 10:23 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: s

Shooter
    Large Format
    Bob speaks the absolute truth. Ritz was always about moving boxes, not about assisting those interested in learning about photography. I hope they go from Chapter 11 to Chapter 8.
    Last edited by panchro-press; 02-23-2009 at 10:44 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by panchro-press View Post
    Bob speaks the absolute truth. Ritz was always about moving boxes, not about assisting those interested in learning about photography. I hope they go from Chapter 11 to Chapter 8.
    Thank you, there are definitely some good people at that company, but there are also a lot of problems. One associate in particular was almost terminated for threatening another associate with a knife..........until a certain VP he grew up with got involved. The associate who was threatened was written up for provoking the man.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I sure hope someone from Ritz is reading this thread and this other one.

Bad customer service and poor experiences have been repeated over and over.

Shooter
    35mm

trust me.....they aren't.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    When I was still working, my department had a customer service component for some healthcare admin. software. We had two rules for customer servicing. Rule #1, the customer is always right. Rule #2, go back and read rule #1.
    WYSIWYG - At least that's my goal.

Portfolio-http://apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=25518

Shooter
    Multi Format

Puttin' off the Ritz.

When I lived in America, I knew to avoid Ritz like it was SARS and keep walking until I found a local place that attended to its clients. Places like Ivey (Seattle) and Procolor (Minneapolis) stand out in my mind. I understand that neither exist any longer, though.

It's all a matter of time before our analogues here — Black's and Japan Camera — get tossed. I'd love to say, "Black's is . . . Digital Imaging . . . oh wait, liquidated" given how oblivious to film and processing services they were on the last handful of visits. One can buy a photo album and frame practically anywhere (Zellers and Wal-Mart, hello?) and go to a kiosk in a much more convenient place (like a Shoppers). Even shoppers who find the mall convenient will often find a Shoppers or Rexall inside the mall (pharmacies in shopping malls in Canada is common; in the U.S., not so much).

I'll keep going to my locally-owned and -operated labs for as long as possible!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I used the Ritz Camera in the Cambridgeside Galleria Mall in Boston. Their prints were okay, but service so-so to bad. "One hour" sometimes meant 90 minutes.

For film they were okay to just jump in and out of. As could be expected the staff knew little to nothing about film. Last summer I went in and asked for Tri-X or TMAX, a girl behind the desk said "So, it has to Kodak all the time, huh?" When I said "Ok, do you have any Fuji B&W?" she reached for the Superia. Another guy behind the counter said "No, that's color film. He wants black and white." She just gave me a rude look.

Too bad, really. I used to use their one hour service to test cameras.
    Those who know, shoot film

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin