Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,491   Posts: 1,571,343   Online: 780

Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 48910111213141516 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by HerrBremerhaven View Post
    What does it say there?

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I guess the most important information of that Sinar press release from two months ago is that after restructuring Sinar negotiates the continuation of the Hy6 and anyway will keep their systems open for for the attachment of third-party backs.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Don't count on it.

But more importantly: don't count on seeing affordable analog Rolleiflex TLRs from DHW.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I would think some used Rollei gear prices would drop in the near future. The 6003 and 6008 might benefit the most. Unfortunately the newer TLRs might become more "collectible", putting them out of touch of the average enthusiast. However, there are a ton of older used Rollei TLRs in good condition, so that those who might want to shoot with one may be able to find one on a budget. On a similar thought, I don't know that I would purchase a Hy6, either new, lease plan, or used, though it is a nice system camera.

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The director of the successor of the late and Franke & Heidecke manufacturing company is reported by a german photo magazine of the new company (DHW Fototechnik) to meanwhile manufacture:

-) Custom versions of
    Rollei 35
    Rolleiflex

-) electronic shutters

-) 35mm and MF projectors of the Rolleivision range (maybe old stocks)

-) the Rolleiflex Hy6

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    AgX,

Do you have any comments about the sustainability of a stills film projector market?

Tom

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I assume projectors having quite a long life-time. People spending money on still film projectors now really seek image quality, in contrast to the common beamers. The demand on high-end new projectors depends on the market availability of those in the used market. As I indicated, from the wording of that report I assume those projectors from DHW still being stock on their shelves.

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    For the Hy6 two new tele lenses as well as a 6x6 film back have just been announced by DHW to be available this september.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Kershaw View Post
    AgX,

Do you have any comments about the sustainability of a stills film projector market?

Tom
    Dear Tom,

in Germany the following manufacturers are producing slide projectors:

Braun
    Reflecta
    Kindermann
    Götschmann / GECKO-CAM
    RBT (stereo projectors)

And DHW, the successor company of Franke&Heidecke, made a statement that they intend to continue the production of the Rollei 35mm and 6x6 projectors.
    Due to official data in 2009 more than 5000 new slide projectors were sold in Germany (and about 1000 new 35mm SLRs).

Best regards,
    Henning

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I bought a Rolleiflex for myself last Christmas. I printed my first roll of film and the prints were scary sharp. The camera is over 50 years old. It occurred to me that optics were pretty good 50 years ago and I don't think it's improved much ever since.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin