Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,900   Posts: 1,584,401   Online: 707

Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5910111213141516 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Blog Entries
    I have a Rolleiflex automat 4, with tessar lens, from around 1954, The negatives are so sharp you could cut yourself with them, and they have something I can only describe as Rolleiflex glow,I love it and use it all the time,Richard

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    According to photoscala.de (http://www.photoscala.de/Artikel/DHW...er-produzieren)

Essentially this says that DHW will continue the production of medium format camera models and projectors from spares purchased from the insolvency although the production of the Hy6 platform will depend on negotiations with relevant concerned parties.

My German is Nicht erweiterte... So please correct me if i have made some errors.

For now, i am waiting to buy a Rolleiflex 2.8F

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Andrew you read it right.

BUT, meanwhile another statement was released which said that that tuned-up HY6's, based on cameras out of F&H stock, are available meanwhile.

I tried to indicate this in post #134, but did not employ the most precise wording.

About DHW:

They still have no "proper" website.
    (They still use the old M&F site for their e-mail account, but that site, belonging to F&H, is frozen in a state just prior to the insolvency.)

However, they have a store on e-bay.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I will try and find more information. I would definitely be interested in developments regarding the HY6 system. That was a camera system which showed a lot of promise and felt "right" to use. Precision German engineering...

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I think the HY6 is well and truly gone.

Jenoptik owned the thingy, and they have pulled out completely.
    They even sold Sinar, the vehicle they would use to peddle the Hy6.

Leaf has gone.
    (And Phase One has put its eggs in the Mamiya basket.)

And "Rollei's" continued existence?
    As longs as stock, perhaps even parts, last, the new owner will be selling something.
    The chance that they will ever produce anything again is close to zero.

The name "Rollei" will live on. As part of the assets of an investment company. And apparantly as the name of a real estate company, owned by that investment company.

But also as the name of one of the epoch-making cameras. No matter what the future will be: Franke and Heidecke wrote history, in indelible ink, with their Rolleiflex cameras.

Shooter
    Large Format
    While visiting my home town a few weeks ago, I stopped by DHW Fototechnik, since they are only 10 miles down the road. I purchased a brand new Rolleiflex FX (since my Automat, built around 1944, was acting up (they fixed it free of charge, what do you expect? It's a Rollei!)). I looked at the HY6 and half a dozen lenses. I really liked the 180mm F2.8!!! They are working on everything simultaneously. New website, expanding facility, moving machines and offices (still in the same building), increasing staff, introducing new things at Photokina... I told them, that it was strange, that they are in a stealth like mode right now. But they assured me, things are happening and the world will hear from them soon...

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Stefan Findel View Post
    While visiting my home town a few weeks ago, I stopped by DHW Fototechnik, since they are only 10 miles down the road. I purchased a brand new Rolleiflex FX (since my Automat, built around 1944, was acting up (they fixed it free of charge, what do you expect? It's a Rollei!)). I looked at the HY6 and half a dozen lenses. I really liked the 180mm F2.8!!! They are working on everything simultaneously. New website, expanding facility, moving machines and offices (still in the same building), increasing staff, introducing new things at Photokina... I told them, that it was strange, that they are in a stealth like mode right now. But they assured me, things are happening and the world will hear from them soon...
    This is good news.

Whereabouts in Germany are they based? I see no website.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Andrew, DHW Fototechnik is in the same building as Franke und Heidecke was, in Braunschweig.
    Since your interest is the HY6, you might like to know, that they will introduce a back for 6x6 (so far they have one 'only' for 645).
    Stefan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Stefan Findel View Post
    This is really, really good news. I know this is an old thread but I have been bitten by the Rollei fever...just in this past week really
    Helping to save analog photography one exposure at a time

It is very good news. I've pulled my Rollei out of the closet in the past couple of weeks to use with a Rollei panorama adapter I recently bought. It's such a wonderfully engineered camera. Maybe that's the problem - no one ever needed to buy more than one. Today's d___tal cameras are obsolete once the packaging is opened.

Peter Gomena

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin