Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,926   Posts: 1,585,114   Online: 849

Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Shooter
    35mm
    Does this mean Rollei film will get cheaper?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by funkpilz View Post
    Does this mean Rollei film will get cheaper?
    No. Rollei film is produced by Maco and merely branded as Rollei; they have nothing to do with Franke & Heideke the camera makers and optical engineers.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by kavandje View Post
    Someone give me €29500 and I'm off...
    What would you use the extra € 5,000 for?

There will be a great book in such a trip. If Oberholzer can get away with only going from the Cape to Caïro, imagine what that additional Suez to Skardsvåg will do.

So it will pay for itself. You only need to convince a publisher to give you an advance.
    Failing that, a bank?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Don't think it hasn't crossed my mind.

In all honesty, I might choose to do it in a 4x4 instead, simply -- especially in central and eastern Africa -- it's just easier to get through with some additional wheels. That's OK; I have an expedition-prepped Uri (Namibian-built Toyota Land Cruiser derivative) sitting in my driveway too.

As for the additional €5000: film, duh. And mailers; I don't want to have to keep track of hundreds of rolls of exposed film over 15,000km of driving. Mail 'em to a trusted address for processing and archiving until I arrive.

I don't think asking banks for money is a winning proposition right now. :\

Shooter
    Medium Format
    My girlfriend reminds me that the bike in the garage is hers anyway, and I can't even quite reach the ground properly. So I'd take the 4x4 just to have some quiet on that front.

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format

Everyone laid off

Today a german photographic magazine stated that today all Franke & Heidecke employees were informed to be laid off at the next possible date (covering the legal period).
    Some work will still be done but all have been advised to look for new jobs...

hka
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    A great loss...
    I wish them all the best for the future...
    harry

Release, the best you can do...

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Hello,

I am regularly following the german language APHOG website in Germany and the good news is . . .
    Rollei is still in production and their beautiful TLR's are still being made as well as other MF cameras.
    They have also introduced awesome new films as well as an entire line of enlarging papers.
    By the way, Herr Franke and Herr Heideke were the gentlemen that started the Rollei saga a long long time ago.

Marcus

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Marcus,

I stated that (depending on that source) there still is some production. But they same time all employees are stated to be given their notices. To me that means definitely the end of Franke & and Heidecke. May it practically be now or in six months.

Franke & Heidecke are not involved in any film and paper production.

cmo
    Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by AgX View Post
    A german online shop devoted to analogue photography has released a new Rollei collectors kit:
    http://shop.spuer-sinn.net/de/rolleiflex

In german online media it is stated that the shop wants to set a signal for the ongoing production at Franke & Heidecke.
    The kit is said to be delivered in person worldwide and a photo story of the delivery will make part of a publication to come.
    It's really a miracle: for which target group is this product?

A bling-bling version is really decadent, but would 50 Cent want a TLR?

Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin