Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 73,990   Posts: 1,633,096   Online: 888

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Kodak memorabilia

It is not well known, but Kodak used to make specially packaged products and special memorabilia for projects at Kodak Park and WW. I have a drawer full of pins, rolls of film and special cups to hallmark projects I have worked on or things that Kodak was involved in.

I have Olympics pins, HS film coffee mugs, anniversary films, Veterans day pins, George Eastman pins, etc. etc.

I have been wondering if anyone out there collects them.

Of course, I also have my own collection of Cape Canaveral pins from John Glenn's launch and Alan Shepards launch.

Anyone out there collect this stuff too?

PE

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I don't (not yet. I could be persuaded to). I do find such things interesting though (i will seek professional help, one day, i promise ).

What would be great, but alas takes a lot of time, is to catalogue the things (mostly helpful to the collector), take pictures of them, and present them on webpages for us all to see.
    That's the beauty of internet: every collector can have his own 'museum', sharing his collection with whoever else is interested.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I collect Kodak memorabilia too...I don't have that much, but I buy it as I come across it. I think the best thing I have ( and possibly will ever have) is a Kodachrome-X insulated cooler for film that is about a foot long and six inches high...like a huge film cooler...only $2!!. I just love Kodak....I love every aspect of it. With its history and all of the amazing thing it has been apart of, and all the amazing films they still turn up, it is one heck of a company! You must have some great thing from working there over the years!
    Helping to save analog photography one exposure at a time

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The Kodak Collectible i always wish i bought was an Eastman Kodak pen and ink well set. I collect fountain pens and saw that at an auction. For what ever reason I never bid on it, but sure wish I did later.
    I don't know where I'm going, but I'm on my way.
    Carl Sandburg

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Oh my, my boss gave me one of those for a "reward" at the end of a particular project. It is a very nice set.

OOOPS, mine was a pen and pencil set in a felt lined box. Not the same thing. Sorry.

PE
    Last edited by Photo Engineer; 05-04-2009 at 07:09 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: Error!

Shooter
    Large Format
    I just came across a few large store-display film boxes...about 1 ft by 2ft...Kodak Royal Gold and a Kodak Max I think. They are in nice shape in the basement. My favorite part of collecting is collecting things that cost me $0. ;-)

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    I have collected afew things to put up in my work area. Some kodak some others.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Kodak should come up with some special commemorative packaging for the upcoming anniversary of Kodachrome. They would sell a lot of rolls to people who wanted to keep them as keepsakes.
    Charles Hohenstein

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I wish they would.

I have commemorative packs of Gold 400.

PE

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    That sound like an awesome idea. If they did...I would buy tons of it!
    Helping to save analog photography one exposure at a time

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin