Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,713   Posts: 1,483,024   Online: 687

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm

Film Developing Lab Recommendations?

I'm sure this has been asked a million times before, but as some businesses thrive while others fail, I would like recommendations for online film labs currently still in business. I am very dissapointed with my local labs, so I believe I have no choice but to find a reliable online film developing/printing lab. Any suggestions?

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9000/4.6.0.167 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102 UP.Link/6.3.0.0.0)

What kind of film, what format, neg or reversal, color or B&W?
    Thank you.
    CWalrath
    APUG BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE
    DE Darkroom

"Wubba, wubba, wubba. Bing, bang, bong. Yuck, yuck, yuck and a fiddle-dee-dee." - The Yeti

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I use Dale Labs (www.dalelabs.com) for C-41 and E-6 and they do an wonderful job! I highly reccomend them. I use them mostly for E-6 because I don't shoot much C-41 (color negative). They have amazing scans at the time of processing from slides for a pretty good price.
    Helping to save analog photography one exposure at a time

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Walrath View Post
    Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9000/4.6.0.167 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102 UP.Link/6.3.0.0.0)

What kind of film, what format, neg or reversal, color or B&W?
    C-41 for both 35mm and 120, also E-6 in both sizes.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Ektagraphic View Post
    I use Dale Labs (www.dalelabs.com) for C-41 and E-6 and they do an wonderful job! I highly reccomend them. I use them mostly for E-6 because I don't shoot much C-41 (color negative). They have amazing scans at the time of processing from slides for a pretty good price.
    Thanks!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Not Walgreen's , though I do use them sometimes. The best mail-order service for C41 film developing and printing has been A&I via their mailers. For 35mm E6, I have been using the Fujifilm mailers and the quality and turn-around have been great so for. For 120 E6 I use a local photo store, which sends it out to another local store. They do very good work.

Shooter
    Medium Format

Praus Productions

After having similar problems with local labs, and drawing on a testimonial I found here in a similar thread last year, I've been sending my c-41 film to Praus Productions,
    (http://www.4photolab.com).
    I do my own printing, and simply want clean, consistent negatives, which I get from Praus. Outstanding service and quality.

--Ben

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Dear Snegron,

For color mail order, I have had great results with:

Dwayne's (35mm C-41, Kodachrome)
    River City Silver (San Antonio) (4x5 C-41 only)
    MPIX (35mm C-41)

Neal Wydra

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by aparat View Post
    Not Walgreen's , though I do use them sometimes. The best mail-order service for C41 film developing and printing has been A&I via their mailers. For 35mm E6, I have been using the Fujifilm mailers and the quality and turn-around have been great so for. For 120 E6 I use a local photo store, which sends it out to another local store. They do very good work.
    I gave up on Walgreens a few yaers ago after they consistently ruined every roll I gave them. I tried my local CVS Pharmacy and was happy with the results (for quick glossy snapshots and a scanned CD) for awhile. However, I was dissapointed when the last 7 ot 8 rolls were ruined by the lab tech; half the roll appeared to have been exposed to light prior to developing. The lab tech told me that I had a deffective camera. I tried to explain to her that I used three different cameras ( a Nikon F, an F3HP, and an F100), but she insisted that they must be deffective. When I asked her if she opened the film cartridge in the light prior to placing it in the developing machine, she informed me that this was the correct way of developing film and that it was the practice of the pharmacy to do this in that way. I spoke to the manager who apologized to me and told me he would personally retrain the lab techs. A few weeks later I returned and decided to give them another shot. It was a different lab tech, same results! I confirmed it was not my cameras when I took several other rolls to another lab. Needless to say I don't take anything there anymore.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I've been happy with photoworkssf.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin