Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,565   Posts: 1,545,320   Online: 883

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by John Lawrence View Post
    Are Clearfile out of business?

I know it's not a very good indicator, but their website still seems to be up and 'fresh'. In addition, their products are still being supplied by Firstcall Photographic and another UK distributor - albeit with the high delivery charge mentioned by the O.P.

I've used Clearfile for a number of years and so would be grateful to learn whether they definitely are out of business.
    I can't confirm if they are still around or not. About a year ago I tried to buy some from Firstcall, and they had none, and the message was they were no more.......but this now looks incorrect.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    I have had the same frustration. I tried the Kenro ones, but some films are difficult to get in them (e.g. Adox CHS). Finally, I got some Clearfile from here:
    http://www.britnett-carver.co.uk/javerette/index.html

John

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've had serious issues with the Clearfile range. I would strongly recommend accepting the higher cost of the Printfile range.

Tom

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Wishy View Post
    Yes, I'm slightly annoyed too.

I've bought some on their kenro ones for the moment. Otherwise its an A4 document wallet and some staples
    Me to, I'm glad someone else started this thread.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    OK sorry for the revival I have now completely ran out of 8x10" pages for contacts, Calumet don't sell it, Jacob's want my first born child and Jessop's want a virgin sacrifice, and yes I did spell it Jessop's and Jacob's, because they're also too stupid to spell their names right.
    I see it's on Firstcall for just £3.49 for 25 pages but the postage is like £7.50 I think, that's just pathetic it's as if they want me to NOT buy stuff from them, I would have to buy at least 4 for it to be worth it, but I don't want that much, why is it so hard for these people to adjust postage costs for stuff that obviously doesn't cost much to post?

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    Yes, I looked at Firstcall, but they had quite a few items (i.e. the ones that I wanted) out of stock.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Give javerette a call - I had a stack of the clearfile sleeves of them and I got charged postage at cost. Very reasonable people to deal with in my opinion.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Count me in as another plugger for Javerette Sleeving. On Friday I placed an order for two packs of 25 ClearFile 120 negative sleeves. They charged me £5.64 (including VAT) for each, and the postage was only £2.80. And they arrived the very next day in the post, to my pleased surprise! So, definitely, give Javerette a shout for your ClearFile pages. Good prices on products and postage, and excellent service.
    Last edited by rulnacco; 04-17-2010 at 04:26 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: Misspelled Javerette.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Ok this seems to be a good thread to ask this in, I've got Kenro 120 neg sleeves but am having great difficulty in finding a binder big enough to hold them safely. Anyone know where to get negative binders from in the UK?
    David

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Managed to find some oversized binders at my local stationary supplier for a couple of quid each. (Javerette may also have something in stock).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin