Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,540   Posts: 1,544,323   Online: 962

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm
    oh shittttttttttt!!!!!!!!! shit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i love this paper!!!!! i only use kodak supra endura!!!!!!! whyyyyy?????????????? i don t want the digital shit!

we should fight togheter i think, a lot of people use this paper in the world!!!

this have a politically non-sense (ultra endura should be the first to phase out! or other digital shit!)

friends how i can help you and the paper?? petition? mail?

thanks

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Another thread is considering a petition. If so, I found this site that allows a petition to be formed. I do not have time to administer the petition, so I leave it the hands of others.
    www.gregorytdavis.com

Did millions of people suddenly disappear? This may have an answer.

"No one knows that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father." -Matthew 24:36

Shooter
    Large Format
    I have found the same non-responses from Kodak as you all have. Little by little the products we "non-giant "users have gone away, from EPN (which I used a LOT of) now to Supra, my choice of paper since it came out. Guess my 30 years of loyalty to the great yellowness doesn't mean much anymore. I'm sure there are a lot of small labs like ours and end users as well that are just going to be left out of the equation.
    r.j. phil

www.rjphil.com

"What if they're not dreams - what if they're instructions?"

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    This sucks. I don't print color, but I was toying with the idea.

I'm sure Kodak isn't moving enough of the product to make a profit anymore. It's stinks that there's not a better solution for smaller market items. But it looks like the traditional sheet market for color paper dropped below some critical point this year, between this announcement and Fuji no longer selling sheet paper.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    In reading through this thread, I am confused about something. I thought that Ultra Endura had been gone in sheet sizes for a few years now (and that Portra Endura was gone entirely). I certainly stocked up on both of them a few years ago, and never see them any more.

Fuji Type P is an OK alternative.

I still prefer Kodak RA paper, however. Always have, always will. This is extremely sad news, but without Portra and Ultra, Kodak's line of one RA sheet paper (instead of three, which I grew accustomed to) allows less control than Fuji's two-paper line, which I used to think was too little variety. Now Fuji does not have their paper either....so we are left with what? No RA sheet paper whatsoever?
    Last edited by 2F/2F; 10-21-2009 at 10:19 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    35mm
    Hopefully someone in the US will start cutting and boxing up Fuji CA like what's about to start happening here in the UK.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by 2F/2F View Post
    In reading through this thread, I am confused about something. I thought that Ultra Endura had been gone in sheet sizes for a few years now (and that Portra Endura was gone entirely). I certainly stocked up on both of them a few years ago, and never see them any more.

I still prefer Kodak RA paper, however. Always have, always will. This is extremely sad news, but without Portra and Ultra, Kodak's line of one RA sheet paper (instead of three, which I grew accustomed to) allows less control than Fuji's two-paper line, which I used to think was too little variety. Now Fuji does not have their paper either....so we are left with what? No RA sheet paper whatsoever?
    Correct. There is no longer any sheet size of any RA-4 paper once current stock sells out. This may take a year or more to use up what is still available. Then we have only 3rd party cut sheets or rolls of digital RA-4 paper. I can handle the loss of variety in products, but to be cut off from an entire kind of process is very disheartening.

I could shoot digital and email the image to a lab and get a digital C-print. But I want to shoot 4x5 and print in my darkroom. I was born in the wrong century.
    www.gregorytdavis.com

Did millions of people suddenly disappear? This may have an answer.

"No one knows that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father." -Matthew 24:36

Shooter
    35mm
    this is the reply to kodak :

Hello,

Thank you for contacting us with your concern regarding the availability of Kodak Professional Supra Endura Paper for your optical printing needs.
    Although many of our roll stock of Kodak Professional Supra Endura Paper has transitioned to Kodak Professional Supra Endura VC Paper, we continue to offer the Kodak Professional Supra Endura Paper in sheet sizes through most dealers of Kodak Professional products. If the dealer does not have the item in stock, just give them the catalog number and ask them to place an order for you.
    Please let us know if we may be of further assistance with this or other of our Kodak Professional products.

Regards,
    Kodak Technical Support

it seems to be that they will discontinue only supra endura on roll and the sheet will be avaiable

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by 2F/2F View Post
    No type P, just digitally optimized PD.

Shooter
    35mm
    Hi danzyc,
    I've received the same reply, so it seems really that Supra Endura will continue to live in sheets... The strange thing is that the discontinuance note didn't specify what format would be discontinued... Who knows?

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin