Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,707   Posts: 1,548,505   Online: 902

Page 1 of 9 1234567 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Where is Supra Endura?

Supra Endura has been removed from KODAK website:
    http://www.kodak.com/global/en/profe...18/13335/13420

There is only Ultra Endura left, and a digital version of Supra Endura.

I tried to search APUG and KODAK website for information but cannot find anything.

Don't say that Supra Endura is discontinued!?

Shooter
    35mm
    I'm sad, as I am going to start color printing in the next week...
    Take a look at the first lines of this technical publication (E-4021)...
    http://www.kodak.com/global/en/profe...4021/e4021.pdf

Can we use optically the new digital paper?

Lorenzo

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Kodak really can't seem to keep up with their products anymore. I guess it was another bad year for them.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Argh. This is insane. Supra Endura was already a high-contrast paper IMO. Now we have only Ultra endura, that is even higher in contrast. I've not tried it but probably unusable if you want normal pictures, not special effects.

Supra Endura spec sheet says it can be exposed optically (well, why not) but that it gives high contrast and cyan neutrals.

Unbelievable shit. What's the point in manufacturing special paper but not the normal one?

If I had known this, I would have bought much more paper from AG-Photographic and put it to freezer.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    This is bad news to me. I print color negative film optically and use Kodak Supra Endura paper exclusively. I've never used Fuji paper before. Being that I have to buy some new paper soon anyway, maybe now is as good a time as any?

Tim

Shooter
    35mm
    This is very bad news. Despite Fuji leaving the field open for Kodak to have a monopoly on the RA4 sheet paper market, it seems there is still not enough of a market for 2 optically exposed papers( Supra and Ultra).

Makes you wonder how much longer any RA4 can last that is suitable for optical exposure. Looking on the bright if a little optimistic side maybe this might change Fuji's mind about sheet paper. I have never understood why Fuji consider sheet paper to be uneconomical. It's simply a question of cutting sheets with what must be existing cutting machines. Unless the increase in price was exorbitant enthusiasts would be prepared to pay the extra cost.

It's a vicious circle as there may be adverse knock-on effects for small volume RA4 chemical suppliers such as Fotospeed and Tetenal

pentaxuser

Rolls are a lot of hassle unless you have a taylor-made cutting machine.

Shooter
    35mm
    If this is true. What is left available in sheet form?

Shooter
    35mm
    I think only Kodak Ultra Endura is currently offered in sheets...
    Regarding the "new" Supra VC digital, it states clearly on its FAQ "Sheet format is not available".
    (link: http://www.kodak.com/global/en/profe...20/13429/13424 )
    I fear we have to study something to cut rolls...
    Sadness...

Lorenzo

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    fuji CA was discontinued in sheet form? Freestyle still has it listed, so does B&H. I'd imagine that something would have been said loudly by either of these two about it.

-Dan

Shooter
    35mm
    This is bad news. If we are forced to print our negatives digitally then what's left of film?

Page 1 of 9 1234567 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin