Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,718   Posts: 1,514,838   Online: 964

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Top Camera and Hidakaya are not known to be reliable sources of information. Try National in Harajuku and Lemonsha in Ginza they are two of the bigger pro places in Tokyo. National always maintains an up to date list of currently films, soon to be discontinued and discontinued films on their site. I spoke with both the film managers (one of whom is a close friend of nearly 10 years) at the Yodobashi main store in Shinjuku and the Bic Camera across from the station, neither of them had any information about any thing being of the films being discontinued as of an hour ago. I am not saying you are wrong, but at least my contacts don't have any information about it.....yet. My friend did say that the instant film was selling quite well, especially since Polaroid's demise and was surprised by rumor.

Gary
    Build a man a fire and he will be warm for hours.
    Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    Found in BJP:
    "'I would like to confirm that all current formats of FP-100B and FP-3000B black and white instant film and FP-100C colour instant film will remain in production and we have no plans to discontinue any of them.'
    Russ Gunn, Fujifilm's senior product manager for professional film

http://www.bjp-online.com/public/sho...ml?page=870414
    Aurelien, Analog Photographer

the analog place to be

Shooter
    Multi Format
    To bring this thread back to life, ALL of the major stores in NYC are out of FP-100B in medium format...and most of the little stores I checked too. Two comments were that I wasn't going to find it anywhere, and another store said they had over a thousand packs of it back ordered w/ no word.

Ugly surprise this afternoon, especially after I had already picked up 40 rolls of TX for the job. Gotta eat it that now and rent a digi back. Wah wah.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I have 5 packs of FP-400B 3.25 x 4.25 enroute from Japan Exposures, ordered last week. Dirk did say it took a few days longer to get, but did eventually receive the packs direct from his source in Japan.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Periodic gaps in the production/supply I can deal w/ by just buying large quantities at a time. I'm def not trying to start any rumors or etc. My only facts are that I can't find the stuff anyplace here in the city. But good to know you found some.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    WTF is wrong with Fuji?

I mean, first they go and (supposedly) discontinue ALL their color neg pro films(excluding 400h), and instant film (supposedly) doing well. But seeing that they're the only game in town who is currently making instant proofing film, I can't see why they aren't on the ball about this kind of stuff.

interesting...

pentax has that new 645d coming out soon though . naw, I'll stick with film

-Dan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Maybe the problems with the car companies is affecting other businesses in Japan and the banks.
    Items for sale or trade at www.Camera35.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Well there's is plenty of FP-100b45, FP-3000b, FP-100c on the shelves. I'll make one of them work.

Shooter
    35mm
    I'm not worried. Fuji has a full-page ad in the Spring 2010 issue of PDN EDU for their color instant films, specifically promoting emulsion transfer and emulsion lift techniques.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Well - looks like 4x5 fuji instant is in fact discontinued. My order for 5 packs of this great film was cancelled ......... see note below from Adorama ......

Your Adorama Order (Order# 8027364)
    "Service@adorama.com" <Service@adorama.com>
    Add to Contacts
    To: Michael Browna <mpbrowna@yahoo.com>

PRTORD10.PDF (82KB)
    Hi Michael Browna,

Thank you for placing an order with Adorama.

Regarding the following item:

Item Number FJFP100B45 - FUJI FP-100B B+W FILM PACK 4X5-10 <40>

The manufacturer has notified us that this item has been discontinued
    and is no longer available. Therefore, we are canceling your order.

We regret any inconvenience this may have caused you, and continue to
    appreciate your business.

Enclosed please find a copy of your order.

We hope to continue to serve you with all your photography needs.

If you have any questions please feel free to call or email us.

Thank you.

Adorama Customer Service
    service@adorama.com
    The Photography People

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin