Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,011   Posts: 1,524,650   Online: 892

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    I completely agree with all the statements above.

Before I left on a trip to Japan this year, I had ordered a large order of film and they ran out of Fuji 400H 2 days before I was scheduled to leave. They managed to get a bulk shipment of this film in the day before I was going to leave, and they overnighted the film to me via FedEx immediately. The film made it just in time!

I will defiantly use them more often!

Shooter
    Pinhole
    Images
    I agree about Freestyle. But, I also want to put in a good word for Adorama. I've bought everything from large format printers to used 8x10 film holders. And when there was a problem, it was quickly rectified to my satisfaction. For local shopping I give all my business to Webbcam, for all the interesting pieces we always need (enlarger, tripod parts, straps, batteries, and darkroom supplies, advice). But Freestyle and film are a great deal!

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    This year, setting up my Wista kit, I've ordered stuff from MPEX, B&H and Freestyle, and Photobackpacker (all international orders, mind you), and had perfect service from them all (rapid replies to emails, fast shipping, items as described). Same as Adorama in previous years. I'm very happy that these companies exist at all with the good range of film friendly things they have, and willingness to ship beyond national boundaries!!

Marc

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've had good luck with Adorama Ebay auctions.

Mike

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Most of my major film purchases go to Freestyle who has always been great in all situations.

Adorama, in my experience, has been rubbish. I frequently find cheaper prices through them, but will gladly pay more elsewhere for better service.

Unfortunately, my local shops seems more interested in selling flash cards and picture frames rather than providing any kind of decent photo finishing service. But I still try to buy chemicals through them when available in hopes that they will continue to stock these items. :rolleyes:

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I agree Freestyle are great. After I placed my last order online I realized I had forgotten to include some small item. I called their customer service the next morning and the lady told me she was having computer problems but would write down the addition to my order and be sure it got added. Sure enough the thing I aksed for was included when the package arrived.

But, in fairness to Adorama. I have found them to be very good also.
    Many times they have the best prices. My last order, 3 16x20 Paterson Trays for < $40, Fuji Acros in 120 for 2.69 a roll which is the best price I have found. And what I like is their incremental shipping costs as you add items is the best. A huge box with the 16x20 trays and 20 rolls of film in a few days for < $10 shipping, can't be bad.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've been buying from Freestyle since the 1970s, I ran across their ad in a Popular Photography magazine, they have never flubbed an order. I first bought some stuff call "Adox" and "Orwo"!
    Everytime I find a film or paper that I like, they discontinue it. - Paul Strand - Aperture monograph on Strand

Shooter
    Multi Format

Freestyle addendum

I agree with the comments about Freestyle. I started ordering from them in the early 1960's(!). I do have to plan some lead time for receiving orders here in Maine. Five days is usually the minimum shipping time unless I pay bigger bucks. Except for their 120 EDU film, which I find disappointing in handling (curl) and image richness (compared to Fuji or Ilford), Freestyle does a fine, aggressive job is keeping us film folks supplied and happy.

Les in Maine

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Freestyle is great. B&H is too. I can put an order in at B&W around lunch and it will be delivered to my work at noon the next day - with the slowest shipping. Granted, it's because I'm in Philly. I've never had a problem with either of them. Always packed well, affordable, and the sales staff are helpful.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I order from B&H normally, simply because I'm on the east coast. I order from Freestyle for things that B&H won't ship (Rodinal, Viradon) or for things that B&H doesn't carry (some papers). Both are great suppliers with excellent customer service.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin