Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,922   Posts: 1,556,607   Online: 1274

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    yeah, Freestyle is like a...well, a very good thing!

I don't even look anywhere else when shopping for film, paper & chemistry anymore. They have lots of other necessarys too...Domke straps, film holders, etc....

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I placed an order with Freestyle last Wednesday night & it arrived on Tuesday morning. That's less than a week from Los Angeles to Sydney & it was a heavy box with some big boxes of paper, file boxes etc. I suppose I should also be thanful to the post service. With the strong Aussie dollar we can get supplies from the USA at around half up to 70% of the local price. Anyway, Freestyle are good to deal with.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by goldie View Post
    I placed an order with Freestyle last Wednesday night & it arrived on Tuesday morning. That's less than a week from Los Angeles to Sydney & it was a heavy box with some big boxes of paper, file boxes etc. I suppose I should also be thanful to the post service. With the strong Aussie dollar we can get supplies from the USA at around half up to 70% of the local price. Anyway, Freestyle are good to deal with.
    What delivery service did you spec, I ordered some stuff and they shipped on the 23-1-09. Maybe I get it sooner then thought.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by SMBooth View Post
    What delivery service did you spec, I ordered some stuff and they shipped on the 23-1-09. Maybe I get it sooner then thought.
    Priority mail. That's the cheaper option.
    I've bought from them a dozen or so times, delivery time is generally around 7 days. 5 days this time was impressive.

Shooter
    35mm
    Mixed feedback for Adorama....well, I guess it's only to be expected. It can take just one incident or a single member of staff to mess up so badly that with the great range of alternative options available, customers simply go elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by david b View Post
    I don't order from NY anymore .....Adorama is awful.
    Quote Originally Posted by mbsmith View Post
    Adorama, in my experience, has been rubbish. I frequently find cheaper prices through them, but will gladly pay more elsewhere for better service.
    I'd like to find out more about your poor experiences. I appreciate that I can't undo whatever was done badly or thoughtlessly in the past - I can, however, look at what went wrong (and why), to help us to improve what we do in the future. If you have a chance, I would be extremely grateful if you could contact me directly: helen.oster@adoramacamera.com,

Quote Originally Posted by asp.artist View Post
    ....I also want to put in a good word for Adorama. I've bought everything from large format printers to used 8x10 film holders. And when there was a problem, it was quickly rectified to my satisfaction. ...
    Quote Originally Posted by mikebarger View Post
    I've had good luck with Adorama Ebay auctions.

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by mwdake View Post
    ......in fairness to Adorama. I have found them to be very good also.
    Many times they have the best prices. My last order, 3 16x20 Paterson Trays for < $40, Fuji Acros in 120 for 2.69 a roll which is the best price I have found. And what I like is their incremental shipping costs as you add items is the best. A huge box with the 16x20 trays and 20 rolls of film in a few days for < $10 shipping, can't be bad.
    Thanks for the feedback which is very much appreciated; it shows that we can get it right - we have to look at ways of ensuring that we are more consistent.
    Last edited by HelenOster; 10-28-2009 at 08:33 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: typo

Shooter
    35mm
    ...and that right there is why I continue to do business with Adorama. They get it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Freestyle gets all my business that don't go to Photographer's Formulary, or the local shop. I try to shop locally because of the dedication the two local spots show to keeping the b&w materials on. I appreciate that and I give them my money when I can afford to. If I subtract shipping I can buy a lot of Tmax 400 for a little bit more and still save money. Since I use Xtol developer I can get that locally too.

What Freestyle does is provide me with Arista film, Ethol LPD developer, toners, lith chemistry, and Foma paper. The Formulary provided me with Pyrocat kits when I used that, and later Edwal 12 film developer kits. I currently use neither, but I love the Formulary. Both have served me well, and any time there has been a problem, it's always been taken care of in a professional and rapid manner.

- Thomas
    "Often moments come looking for us". - Robert Frank

"Make good art!" - Neil Gaiman

"...the heart and mind are the true lens of the camera". - Yousuf Karsh

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    I can't really say what customer support/relations is like at either B&H or Freestyle - because everything I've ever ordered has been by internet and has arrived quickly, in excellent condition, and in expertly packed boxes. My satisfaction with both has been 100% and so I have never had to deal with customer support.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Good on you for showing a presence here, right in the middle of one of your customer bases, to address customer service concerns.
    That is a wonderful sign and very refreshing!

Quote Originally Posted by HelenOster View Post
    Mixed feedback for Adorama....well, I guess it's only to be expected. It can take just one incident or a single member of staff to mess up so badly that with the great range of alternative options available, customers simply go elsewhere.

I'd like to find out more about your poor experiences. I appreciate that I can't undo whatever was done badly or thoughtlessly in the past - I can, however, look at what went wrong (and why), to help us to improve what we do in the future. If you have a chance, I would be extremely grateful if you could contact me directly: helen.oster@adoramacamera.com,

Thanks for the feedback which is very much appreciated; it shows that we can get it right - we have to look at ways of ensuring that we are more consistent.
    "Often moments come looking for us". - Robert Frank

"Make good art!" - Neil Gaiman

"...the heart and mind are the true lens of the camera". - Yousuf Karsh

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by HelenOster View Post
    Mixed feedback for Adorama....well, I guess it's only to be expected. It can take just one incident or a single member of staff to mess up so badly that with the great range of alternative options available, customers simply go elsewhere..
    FWIW, I've had mostly good and only occasionally bad experiences w/ Adorama (and B+H) - the bad has always been a rep's inability to answer questions about product availabilty. Specifically I remember a couple years ago when there was a shortage of Velvia 100F for whatever reason, and I sent an email asking why it was listed as discontinued. The terse response was that PROVIA 100F was still available. I replied that, no, I was asking about Velvia 100F, and got another short response along the lines of 'it's just listed as discontinued.' I'm not sure I ever got an informative response from Adorama before the film finally reappeared on the website.

I realize that the large camera houses move a lot of inventory, and every employee cannot be knowledgeable about every item, but just a little bit more care spent on customer service would go a long way.

That said, my orders of in-stock items have always been complete, well-packed, accurate, and shipped promptly, so overall I can't complain.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin