Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,573   Posts: 1,545,698   Online: 788

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnywalker View Post
    Your customs inspectors must be more efficient than ours. It takes at least that to get to Canada, and I know Freestyle ships promptly.
    I'll trade you the shipping costs for a few extra days delivery!!
    My guess is yours may go by truck but to Sydney it's on the next flight out of LA. And as for customs if it's under $1,000 it generally sails straight through. Over $1,000 be prepared to add 2 more weeks and 10%+ in GST.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    [quote=Mike1234;912861]Not really... perhaps the term "snobbery" is overstating it though. If an apology is in order from me for using that term you all have it... I'm sorry. What I should have said is "disagreement with" or "misunderstanding of" others' communication styles. You must admit there is some bashing going on in that thread over something that in life's grand scheme is trivial.

Mike - I think you are over-reacting. Just a few people having some fun and making the point that cliches and euphemisms makes for dull conversation/reading so I suggest going forward we take this offline...

Shooter
    35mm

Message from Adorama Camera Customer Service Ambassador

Quote Originally Posted by 2F/2F View Post
    Where is Adorama's brick and mortar location? NY as well, like at the bottom of their Webpage? Is it actually a walk-in shop of the level that Freestyle or B&H are?
    Apologies for coming back so late; the store is at 42 West 18th Street. If you drop in and need any special help (or if you are unhappy with the level of service in-store), please ask for the store manager, Martino.

Shooter
    35mm

Message from Helen, Adorama Camera Customer Service Ambassador

Quote Originally Posted by jono1515 View Post
    I had a very annoying experience with Adorama and haven't gone back to them since. ......That was the end of Adorama for me.

Quote Originally Posted by white.elephant View Post
    In the last six months I have had three horrible experiences with Adorama each of which required multiple phone calls and none were resolved to my satisfaction.
    I am really very concerned to read both these postings; firstly I would like to offer a deep and sincere apology for what sounds like a number of severe lapses in customer service.

If I experienced poor service from a retailer then I, too, would choose to take my business elsewhere. However, if there are unresolved customer issues I would like the opportunity to investigate and put these right - if possible. If these were caused by system problems or gaps in staff training, I can address these matters internally so that we can avoid repeating them in the future.

I would therefore be grateful if you could spare the time to contact me directly: helen.oster@adoramacamera.com with the relevant order number(s), copies of any email correspondance and any other details you are able to give me.

Thank you

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1234 View Post
    Not really... perhaps the term "snobbery" is overstating it though. If an apology is in order from me for using that term you all have it... I'm sorry. What I should have said is "disagreement with" or "misunderstanding of" others' communication styles. You must admit there is some bashing going on in that thread over something that in life's grand scheme is trivial.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Egan View Post
    Mike - I think you are over-reacting. Just a few people having some fun and making the point that cliches and euphemisms makes for dull conversation/reading so I suggest going forward we take this offline...
    Could be, Tony. Some of the fun could have been just a bit kinder though, IMO. No need to discuss further.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin