Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,821   Posts: 1,581,712   Online: 1014

Page 1 of 9 1234567 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Med. Format RF

freestyle, just saying.

I ordered some 4x5 film the other day and got an email from them telling me that the 400nc I ordered was on backorder but that I had credit with them and could either wait for the film to come in or get a substitute. I just emailed them back about 10 minutes ago asking to switch the 400nc to 160nc and I just got an email about 2 minutes ago saying that the switch was done and I should have my film tomorrow. Love that customer service. Any film I need, whether it costs a bit more or not (usually not), I'm gonna be getting from freestyle. Please ignore the syntax and grammatical errors.
    Last edited by rphenning; 10-27-2009 at 01:37 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I totally agree 100%! Freestyle has THE BEST customer service. Customer service at B&H on the other hand totally sucks! For some things B&H may be a little less expensive but Freestyle is the place.
    Helping to save analog photography one exposure at a time

Shooter
    Large Format
    I have never dealt with Freestyle (yet) but I get great service from B&H both on the phone and in the store on my yearly visits to NYC. Sure, the guys on the phone might occasionally be a little .. gruff... on the surface, at least to my Canadian sensibilities. But once you get into the conversation, you realize it is mostly just tone of voice and not attitude.

This brings to mind a cartoon I saw some years ago in the New Yorker. The cartoon shows a map of the US with little scene in both Manhattan and Los Angeles. In the Manhattan scene, a guy is shouting "F***K OFF!" which is translated to mean "Have a nice day!" In the Los Angeles scene, a guy is saying "Have a nice day!" which is translated to mean "F**K OFF!"
    "The beauty and profundity of God is more real than any mere calculation"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Freestyle has the best customer service! Everything i order is from them. The best photographic supplier there is!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Freestyle gets all of my money when it comes to supplies. I normally order on Sunday nights, and I have the package by Wednesday, using their cheapest rates.

They are great in person too.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I just recieved a package from B&H with some paper. With B&H standard shipping is 1 day to me and with freestyle it is 4-7 days and I wanted this paper for today so I was nervous but I ordered from B&H. Sure enough, you get what you pay for. I got the package on the doorstep and the shipping box appeared in perfect condition. However, the boxes of paper inside were all beat up and looked like they had been opened up and taped shut. I am furious. I called them and they really didn't seem to give a rats @$$. Freestyle is going to get all my orders no matter what. If there is something I need they don't have (this doesn't happen often) I will find another place, but certainly not B&H.
    Helping to save analog photography one exposure at a time

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I don't order from NY anymore more just because of the time it takes to get things to me in NM, and because of the really bad customer service. Never really had a problem with B&H but Adorama is awful.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I like Freestyle for the service as well as their efforts in making available materials that the big retailers don't want to be bothered with. I am very thankful for their effort in making Ilfochrome chemistry available.

Shooter
    35mm
    While we are all praising Freestyle, let me mention Arista Premium and EDU.Ultra films. The opportunity to buy quality 4x5 film at .52 a sheet and Tri-X at 2.29 per roll is pretty serious. I save enough money due to the availability of these great films that the occasional slightly higher prices Freestyle may have, still more than average out, plus of course the great customer service.
    f/22 and be there.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I stocked up from Freestyle this past year and I have been nothing but satisfied with the service and support I have received from them.

I would suggest them to anyone looking for a new source for photographic supplies hands down.

That being said, I am going to turn my support locally this year. At the increased cost, I want Cameras Etc. of Newark to be there for me (with the darkroom chemisrty on the showroom floor) when I need them in the future and the best way I see to do that is with good old-fashioned MOO-LAH.
    Thank you.
    CWalrath
    APUG BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE
    DE Darkroom

"Wubba, wubba, wubba. Bing, bang, bong. Yuck, yuck, yuck and a fiddle-dee-dee." - The Yeti

Page 1 of 9 1234567 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin