Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,926   Posts: 1,585,136   Online: 849

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567812 ... LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Walrath View Post
    I know times are tight, and it probably won't matter a darn, but if you want these guys to stick around you gotta buy the product. I know, stating the obvious, as I prone to do from time to time. Well, OK. Most of the time.

Oh, STOP! ;p
    I am NOT buying a digital camera just to help Kodak out.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Does anyone know how some of the other film companies are doing? Are Ilford and Fuji having the same problems?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'm buying some Kodak stuff, right now I don't have a lot of money for photography. Hell, my pickup truck has 300,000 miles on it and I gonna to have to keep it a while longer.

Jeff

Amateur Photographer magazine Oct 24 2009 reports Ilford sales director as saying that sales of 35 mm film remain "pretty stable" despite a slight decline in sales worldwide.Sales of 120 film have increased 18% in value terms partly as a result of a glut of secondhand roll film cameras about 18 months ago.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I am going to keep supporting Kodak. I love their films and I love the history of Kodak.....They will continue to see most of my photography spending.
    Helping to save analog photography one exposure at a time

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ektagraphic View Post
    I am going to keep supporting Kodak. I love their films and I love the history of Kodak.....They will continue to see most of my photography spending.
    Me too. Film from Kodak, paper from Ilford, chemicals from both. This combination works for me.
    Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht
    www.darkroomagic.comrorrlambrec@ymail.com[/URL]
    www.waybeyondmonochrome.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Spent more on film this year than in the previous 3 years,also have twice the number of cameras .

Shooter
    35mm
    A share of Kodak stock now sells for about half what a roll of film sells for. How about we all make a pack. If we go down and get 10 rolls of film we purchase 20 shares of stock to go with it. It wouldn't be long before we could spin off the analog portion of Kodak into an APUG coop.

Denis K

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Walrath View Post
    I know times are tight, and it probably won't matter a darn, but if you want these guys to stick around you gotta buy the product. I know, stating the obvious, as I prone to do from time to time. Well, OK. Most of the time.

Oh, STOP! ;p
    Ditto, Ditto, Ditto !!!!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Digital is doomed.

The posts in this thread appear to focus on the US economic situation insofar as Kodak is concerned; Australia has avoided a recession and the worst of the so-called "Global Economic Crisis" (I never even noticed it), and sales in all products except computers (they all carry the Vista blight and are in the doledrums) are flourishing. Film cameras are selling well as I have spoken to retailers reflectively on this; both new and second hand are eagerly sought-after. One comment is digital and the level of automation is becoming too technical for many people and they worry about obsolescence.

In walkabout in the "big smoke" this week, I've observed that film availability as reversal and C-41 is fine: Ilford, Kodak and Fuji in all sizes except large format (questions remain what is happening in those sizes) quite readily available, though smaller retailers (even in big towns like the one I live in) have gone unashamedly fully digital (that's where the money is, of course) and will make people with E6 jobs wait 7-9 days (even then, they might botch the job, as they did mine last week, with disastrous financial penalties as a result).

The "economic situation" in the USA according to many analysts is not as well paced as, for instance, other countries (Australia, New Zealand, among) where recovery has been spurred by multiple economic stimulus and lower interest rates and inflation (both of the latter are now rising). I'm not going to get bogged down in economic analysis but the USA seems to be standing alone with a number of serious problems and it is hoped these will pan out over time and a return to stability will come.
    “The photographer must determine how he wants the finished print to look before he exposes the negative.
    Before releasing the shutter, he must seek 'the flame of recognition,' a sense that the picture would reveal
    the greater mystery of things...more clearly than the eyes see."
    ~Edward Weston, 1922.

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567812 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin