Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,518   Posts: 1,543,763   Online: 858

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678913 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Sorry. As I get better at photography I shoot much less film. Not my fault.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Denis K View Post
    If we go down and get 10 rolls of film we purchase 20 shares of stock to go with it. It wouldn't be long before we could spin off the analog portion of Kodak into an APUG coop.

Denis K
    Or we could tell Kodak we don't care if analog loses them money!!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by sepiareverb View Post
    Or we could tell Kodak we don't care if analog loses them money!!
    ???
    Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht
    www.darkroomagic.comrorrlambrec@ymail.com[/URL]
    www.waybeyondmonochrome.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    This compared to same Q last year. Last year at this time, we did not really know what we were in for. Perhaps we still don't. GMAC just asked for another Gov't Bail-out. Do you believe that?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Trying to do my part by shooting 40-60 rolls of Tri-X in 135 and 120 per year...
    Digital Photography is just "why-tech" not "high tech"..

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Walrath View Post
    I know times are tight, and it probably won't matter a darn, but if you want these guys to stick around you gotta buy the product. I know, stating the obvious, as I prone to do from time to time. Well, OK. Most of the time.

Oh, STOP! ;p
    Exactly. I posted an inexact poll to find out how much everybody on the forum was spending on B&W materials after someone voiced some customer indignation. The numbers show that a hot dog stand could not survive on the APUG member purchases. We all must quit thinking homemade, recycled and cheap..no manufacturers want customers who don't want to spend...Evan Clarke

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Manufacturers cease to exist when customers stop buying.

I've been trying all kinds of film these past two years. Currently, I have some Ektar loaded in my SLR, and I just shot a roll of 120 Portra 100UC. I need to pick up some D-76.

Shot a bunch of Tri-X. So much, in fact, that I have none left. Time to buy some more.

In this economy, people are hard-pressed to convince themselves that the latest digital camera will be a wise use of $500.

Over on rangefinderforum.com, one guy asked what would be the best inexpensive digital P&S. And then he suggested a $400 model and a $500 model. To me, that's quite a bit of money. I said that my idea of cheap is $40. I can buy a lot of film for $400, or I can pay some bills.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by tiberiustibz View Post
    Sorry. As I get better at photography I shoot much less film. Not my fault.
    with ya on that one. Especially with LF. I'm shooting roughly 1/4 of what I'd shoot when I first started with 4x5. This was roughly 6 months ago.

its also transitioned over to my medium and 35mm work as well.

-Dan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've been thinking a lot about whether we really do ourselves any favors in the long term by buying the inexpensive house brands from Freestyle. Buying Ilford and Kodak helps keep the companies alive. But for those of us on a limited income, it can be a tough choice.
    Charles Hohenstein

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I buy their local product ALL the time, but they don't know anything about their local (film) product. Lift your game so I can buy more, please.

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678913 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin