Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,761   Posts: 1,516,129   Online: 819

Page 1 of 18 123456711 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Hard times for Kodak continue

Hard times continue at Kodak.

Digital sales down 35%
    film and photofinishing sales down 25%.

http://bit.ly/2Qwjbg

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yup, the lack of a movie business right now doesn't help. Neither do the filmless "movie"camera's the competition's pushing.
    http://motion.kodak.com/US/en/motion..._content=link1
    www.vinnywalsh.com

I know what I want but I just don't know how to go about gettin' it.-Hendrix

Shooter
    35mm
    It would be interesting if it were possible to compare these numbers with Fuji as another analogue/digital manufacturer, and with other companies in the
    digital imaging field.
    I'm thinking also how much of the falls are due to the economic situation generally, and how many due to causes specific to the different activities, e.g under "digital", consumers having purchased digital cameras and equipment in the first-rush-to-change of the last few years and now not wishing to update to the latest gadgets any longer (e.g. lack of interest or funds for leisure spending?)
    The "film" section would appear to include entertainment (presumably a large proportion?), so this would need to be related to any corresponding fall in the number of new movies being issued in the recession.

Certainly "hard times" (as for most big companies right now) but more information and comparisons would be needed to make much meaningful analysis.

Thanks for the link.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I know times are tight, and it probably won't matter a darn, but if you want these guys to stick around you gotta buy the product. I know, stating the obvious, as I prone to do from time to time. Well, OK. Most of the time.

Oh, STOP! ;p
    Thank you.
    CWalrath
    APUG BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE
    DE Darkroom

"Wubba, wubba, wubba. Bing, bang, bong. Yuck, yuck, yuck and a fiddle-dee-dee." - The Yeti

the villages .centralflorida,USA and Germany
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Walrath View Post
    I know times are tight, and it probably won't matter a darn, but if you want these guys to stick around you gotta buy the product. I know, stating the obvious, as I prone to do from time to time. Well, OK. Most of the time.

Oh, STOP! ;p
    Well said!
    Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht
    www.darkroomagic.comrorrlambrec@ymail.com[/URL]
    www.waybeyondmonochrome.com

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Walrath View Post
    I know times are tight, and it probably won't matter a darn, but if you want these guys to stick around you gotta buy the product.
    Very true....with a proviso that customers, business or private, can only buy what they need and can afford at any particular time. If the demand isn't there, everyone suffers, Kodak and the other manufacturers, the customers whose own business and profits are down, and we ordinary consumers when it's no longer economic or profitable for our favorite products to be made. Sad facts.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I shoot about 125-150 rolls a year. This year, it's been all TMY2.

I use xtol and kodak rapid fix right now because I purchased a large quantity off of ebay.

When my supplies run out, it will still be xtol but the rest will be based on economics.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I shoot 40-50. All TMY2 and soup it HC110. No great shakes, but I guess I do my little old part.
    Thank you.
    CWalrath
    APUG BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE
    DE Darkroom

"Wubba, wubba, wubba. Bing, bang, bong. Yuck, yuck, yuck and a fiddle-dee-dee." - The Yeti

Shooter
    Multi Format
    i am finishing my 2 bricks of +X + 3X soon,
    and will probably be buying more in a few weeks ...
    if my apug gallery looks empty you might check these places

website
    blog
    sell-site

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    From what I understand, overall analog and digital sales in the industry were down about 35% per quarter this year on average. This includes all companies.

Motion picture film sales (In-camera and print films both) were about sustained in sales at their previous levels.

PE

Page 1 of 18 123456711 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin