Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,206   Posts: 1,531,859   Online: 947

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tri-X at CVS

Shooter
    35mm

Tri-X at CVS

Last time I was at CVS, I noticed they had 24-exposure rolls of Tri-X in stock. Even though I have bricks of Arista Premium lying around, I couldn't help but buy one just so help them move product. At 3 times the price!
    f/22 and be there.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    eek? 3x's ???

geesh, they must be buying it from someone who is buying it from someone who is.... oh bother, you get what I mean.

-Dan

Shooter
    Medium Format
    They might be stocking it for local college and high school students taking photo classes.

CVS is very community oriented.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I would guess the manager or someone as such is a "shutterbug" and likes film. That, or someone local has made a fuss for them to carry it. Certainly can not imagine this being a normally stocked item any more (as sad as that maybe). Then again, maybe it is a test run to see if it will sell. My concern is, will the people in their lab know what to do with it if some of it comes back.

Jason

P.S. The college student idea is rather likely...and probably the most likely reason. To bad the premium on the cost.

Shooter
    35mm
    Publix, the supermarket, has a policy that if a customer requests a product that they can get, they will special order it. My dad requested a single tin of licorice altoids... they ordered the minimum, a full gross, so he could have his one tin. The rest went on the shelf until they sold out, and they weren't restocked.

I don't know if anyone else has that policy, but maybe CVS did something similar when a customer requested Tri-X?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    All of the CVS stores in this area (Oklahoma City) stock Tri-X. I have bought some before when I was out of B&W, but it is very expensive.

Marty

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Our local CVS (northern NJ) stocks Tri-X too. I always assumed it was because of the local high school photo program. I've bought a roll or 2 but 24 exposures isn't such a great deal for me. Still, I'm glad when I see it on the shelf.
    Louis
    (Paladin1420)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    CVS in Los Angeles near UCLA also stock Tri-X 400 135-24. Again at a higher price than Bel-Air camera [which is closer to the campus] or Samys.

steve
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    they used to be community oriented
    back when cvs stood for community value store
    but now they pretty much are trying to make
    as much $$ like everyone else ...
    so charging an arm and a leg for the film
    doesn't sound too out of line, no matter what market / region
    you are in.

they also sell cr123 batteries for $7 each when
    you can buy them for between 1-2$ at other places ...

Shooter
    Medium Format
    All the CVSs that I have ever been to had 24 exposure 135 format Kodak Tri-X, but they always cost a lot more than say Freestyle. Sometimes they have Elite Chrome 100 and 200 too, but they always have Tri-X.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin