Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,592   Posts: 1,546,026   Online: 992

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567812 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    If you decide to part out your ATL-3, please let me know. I'm just getting mine running and am already nervous about spare parts.
    Michael Slade

As PE noted, for those who use the Jobos, failure of the units is an issue that is the back of our collective minds. One alternative for roll film could well be the Heiland TAS processor available from Dr. Ross at RH Designs. One might be able to merge the TAS with the Processor Two automatic temperature compensating timer and do almost as well as the Jobo. Of course, the ATL is completely automated whereas with other units one has to empty and fill the tanks. Another possibility ( sheet film ) is obviously to return to tray processing which, all things considered, is really not that difficult. Once again, to make things easier ( if you don't feel comfortable juggling film by hand ) is to purchase one of the "slosher" units from PF. Simply put the sheets into the compartments of the slosher which is in the appropriate tray, add the temperature probe from the RHDesign compensating timer to the developing tray, and away you go by simply moving the slosher from one tray to another. Once again, manual in the dark....but then again, you will be able to develop all of your images. Finally, and I realize that many will not feel comfortable doing so, learn to develop by inspection. A number of individuals on APUG have learned to DBI ( sheet film only of course ), and I am also learning to do so. Some seem to get the "hang of it quickly", others struggle. However, in most cases, with practice comes mastery...and one is liberated forever from time and temperature constraints, as well as the Jobo. Just a few suggestions that you probably already know about. Obviously, there are other alternatives including tanks, nitrogen burst, etc., etc. I really hope that you can find a way to fix your Jobo automatic processor.

Ed

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    Folks
    I have to ask to remember when posting that I have a commercial business where we run large quantities of film.
    The last batch of film processing was over 150 runs of film, black and white and colour, 35mm to 8x10*fifty runs of 8x10*

I am looking for suggestions to use my existing tanks and workflow. I am really looking for a gearhead geek to make an alternative to the base of my Alt 3 and Alt2300.

going a bit manual by pouring in and draining is no problem for my Technicians.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    Michael

I will post when I have solve this issue for my lab and its yours or whoever picks up first. I need to solve this quickly as I am expecting a very large batch of film from Shanghai in Feb.

Bob

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Slade View Post
    If you decide to part out your ATL-3, please let me know. I'm just getting mine running and am already nervous about spare parts.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    When you say 'base' for the ATL-3, are you talking about the lower tank holding area or are you talking about the stand with the chemical recovery tanks...or are you talking about something else?
    Michael Slade

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Carnie View Post
    Folks
    I have to ask to remember when posting that I have a commercial business where we run large quantities of film.
    The last batch of film processing was over 150 runs of film, black and white and colour, 35mm to 8x10*fifty runs of 8x10*

I am looking for suggestions to use my existing tanks and workflow. I am really looking for a gearhead geek to make an alternative to the base of my Alt 3 and Alt2300.

going a bit manual by pouring in and draining is no problem for my Technicians.
    Sorry Bob...I didn't realize.

Ed

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Bob;

The basket or sink line processes were designed for commercial production. I have run 8x10 tanks in a sink line process that did 4 4x5 sheets of film per hanger and each 8x10 tank could hold about 10 hangers so that is 40 sheets per run. It can outdo a single or even several Jobos.

Much of the early stuff was done that way, and the quality was excellent once you had your work flow down. That took about 2 runs to get the agitation and hanger movement done. That you can do in the light.

It is essentially how I learned!

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    basket or sink line process

I think Bob served his time with sink lines,
    but they are set up to do what they are doing,
    and it is better to substitute the thing that turns the Jobo tanks than to re-jigger the whole process

Great lab, by the way. Except for Bob's tailor.
    "One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid,
    and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision"

-Bertrand Russell

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    He is the same person that outfits Dinesh.

I have spent a lot of time with sink lines and to go back to calumet basket with nitrogean burst is not an option that I want to consider. I would like to solve my situation with the tanks and reels I have
    As pointed out I need to use Rotary Process as I cannot mess around with clients film who have had 15 years of Jobo process and it really is complicated for me to go back to sink. I do agree PE that one can do more film with a sink line but for reasons not obvious, a rotary process is more consistant with different operators using the machine than some of the dip and dunk systems I have used in the past. As well I would need to build a new room to house all of this
    I have $$$$$ invested in reels and tanks not easily replaced .
    I really am looking for a base system that is programable that can accept my tanks, I have over 30 of these suckers in various sizes and they are IMO irreplacable and I curse Jobo, curse them I say.

Quote Originally Posted by df cardwell View Post
    basket or sink line process

I think Bob served his time with sink lines,
    but they are set up to do what they are doing,
    and it is better to substitute the thing that turns the Jobo tanks than to re-jigger the whole process

Great lab, by the way. Except for Bob's tailor.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    No problem , I appreciate all the posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mahler_one View Post
    Sorry Bob...I didn't realize.

Ed

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567812 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin