Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,830   Posts: 1,582,269   Online: 994

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891014 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    I'm sad to say your message today strikes home. I am noticing quite a bit of the change we have had, no matter in U.S. / Canada / or abroad, that seems to scream "here's your price, take it or leave it" as well as "what are you going to do, just pay it and move on"

It's in our govt', almost every corporation built, the financial markets, etc., Not too long ago it seems that people built items and offered services that provided real value or a "real" service, now every single time I see something, be it ebay or from a large corporation such as an insurance policy etc., the first thing I look for is the small print and the "out" they have to rip me off. eBayer's are great for this as they like to post, when selling camera gear, "I don't know this equipment, but it looks perfect, but I have to sell as-is". It's a new scam that's growing leaps and bounds and that's why I feel much safer selling and/or buying here on apug. Yeah, for the very first time in years, I'm seeing the glass has half-empty now.

Your right, Jobo had a huge "seeding" here in North America and simply walked away when it did not make sense for them to continue. Why not at least even think about a training program and sub-contracting for repair and stock parts? It's very disapointing.
    I take care of my unit every single time I use it just because I want to last well beyond my needs. I can do this because It's not a business and I have the time.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    Just a note to say that if you have a auto lift arm , there are only so many lifts before the arm fails. My tech says it is around 36thousand lifts.
    I have replaced three or four arms on one of my Alt2300 the oldest.
    So no matter how well you treat your machine there is a point it will not lift and believe me , get a quote on a lift arm and installation , it is very sobering.
    Quote Originally Posted by dwdmguy View Post
    I'm sad to say your message today strikes home. I am noticing quite a bit of the change we have had, no matter in U.S. / Canada / or abroad, that seems to scream "here's your price, take it or leave it" as well as "what are you going to do, just pay it and move on"

It's in our govt', almost every corporation built, the financial markets, etc., Not too long ago it seems that people built items and offered services that provided real value or a "real" service, now every single time I see something, be it ebay or from a large corporation such as an insurance policy etc., the first thing I look for is the small print and the "out" they have to rip me off. eBayer's are great for this as they like to post, when selling camera gear, "I don't know this equipment, but it looks perfect, but I have to sell as-is". It's a new scam that's growing leaps and bounds and that's why I feel much safer selling and/or buying here on apug. Yeah, for the very first time in years, I'm seeing the glass has half-empty now.

Your right, Jobo had a huge "seeding" here in North America and simply walked away when it did not make sense for them to continue. Why not at least even think about a training program and sub-contracting for repair and stock parts? It's very disapointing.
    I take care of my unit every single time I use it just because I want to last well beyond my needs. I can do this because It's not a business and I have the time.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Bob,

I use my Jobo ATL-2300 a few times a week rather than several times every day, and I'm still concerned about its future longevity; for example, I have the VW circulation pump running from a separate 12V power supply as for some reason my Jobo unit (purchased used) has never been able to switch on the pump. I don't need to tell you the automation and consistency makes a big difference. At the moment I could go back to processing all my black & white roll film through Paterson tanks and send off colour film but I don't relish the thought of it.

Tom

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I think there should be a new seperate JOBO forum.

I have never heard of the VW circulation pump nor the BMW wiper motor.

Mods????

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I dread the death of my Jobo(s) and I don't depend on them for business. I don't know what alternatives there are. I wish someone with the necessary know-how would come up with a processor that could use Jobo's tanks, even if it required some additional adapter. Maybe a company like Darkroom Automation may be interested in finding a solution.
    The post on the LF Forum shows a possible alternative to the electronic components.

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan

my jobos are on their last legs

If you are looking for electronics,switches and motors of all shapes and sizes as well as other bits and pieces,here in Toronto there is a place called Active Surplus on Queen Stree.t West,just east of Spadina on the south side and they are ado-it -yourselfers paradise.Maybe you can find replacement components there?.

Just my two cents(Canadian) worth.

Doug

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    ..much luck in getting this resolved. All operations like ours must find the means to keep our machines running.. For negs, rotary is the only quality way to go. This is a problem that we had to overcome as well with equipment. I found that the jobo machines were just too much of a problem, both for parts and reliability. We ended up modifying WING-LYNCH processors. This company is also out of business but the processor is better suited to be modified with many off-the-shelf-parts.

BTW there is Dave Smith out in California. he has many parts for the jobo machines. If fixing is not what you have in mind he might be able to direct you to a solution better than anyone. Tell him I said hello.

regards

dw

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Carnie View Post
    A sad day indeed, I will need to put to rest my Jobo's for good in the coming year. Parts are becoming impossible to get , service is non existant.
    My Alt 2300's have given me years of fantastic use and they owe me nothing.

I want to continue with film processing and I still want to use all my Jobo drums , reels that I have thousands of dollars invested in.

I am looking for a geek/master tech head , here on APUG that I can commission to build me a rotary platform that can hook up to all my drums, It must mimic the agitation that an Alt2300 does at two different speeds.
    We will hand fill and drain rather than the auto feature of the 2300 design so I am really looking for a base, programable timer and a connection that will hold the various tanks up to expert drums.
    In fact I will need up to 4 bases if the budget permits. Right now one working model will do.
    Parts must be North American, local to Toronto preferrably, I do not want to be looking for exotic plastic devices.

I have 5 thumbs on each hand and though I know what I want , I cannot make this device if my life depended upon it.

If this is a project someone here is interested in persuing please email me at bob@elevatordigital.ca.
    I do know about Joboman, I do know about Omega Sattar, I am not trying to fix the 2300 anymore , I want to replace the base and work a bit more manually.
    Last edited by dr5chrome; 12-13-2009 at 04:57 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    Thanks Doug
    I will look into Active Surplus or at least someone who can figure out the needs will.

Quote Originally Posted by spoolman View Post
    If you are looking for electronics,switches and motors of all shapes and sizes as well as other bits and pieces,here in Toronto there is a place called Active Surplus on Queen Stree.t West,just east of Spadina on the south side and they are ado-it -yourselfers paradise.Maybe you can find replacement components there?.

Just my two cents(Canadian) worth.

Doug

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    Ok

So a friend of mine who may chirp in here came up with a possibility that maybe some of you can put your noodles on and see the possibiltys.

I plan to have my chems in a water bath in 1litre stainless steel containers to keep them at proper temp before starting the process.
    I believe that a timer system can be designed or modified that uses all NA parts that are readily available.

Here is his two cents... Use a lathe as the rotating device to agitate the film, it would need a coupling device added to it so the Jobo tanks can be attached to it.
    The base can be any length as long as the tubes can rotate..
    I plan to separate colour film to 30x40inch size Black and White seps for multiple register alternative prints, and will have 4 tubes made for the CMYK film separations..
    The need for all these machines to run exactly the same should be obvious therefore I think this is out of my league as far as putting it all together.

What do you think about a lathe????????

BTW I do plan on buying a sidekick from Phototherm to run the small runs of BW, C41 and E6. They are built for this and are in New Jersey and the owner is a good guy.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    Wing Lynch was going to be my salvation , then they went out of business, so I got a bit nervous as the WL technician for Ontario lives 100 miles away and now represents Chromira so good luck getting any attention from him.

I really at this point am not thinking about fixing the Jobo , I have a Alt 3 that works for now and I am going to put all my energy solving the larger picture which is how can I process all films to my satisfaction.

I at one point was going to modify a Refrema to take larger tanks to hold 30x34 sheets of film and paper and run everything through this device. It really is a good idea for all applications but the quote I got was over $120K and I really need to be a busier shop to see the return.

Quote Originally Posted by dr5chrome View Post
    ..much luck in getting this resolved. All operations like ours must find the means to keep our machines running.. For negs, rotary is the only quality way to go. This is a problem that we had to overcome as well with equipment. I found that the jobo machines were just too much of a problem, both for parts and reliability. We ended up modifying WING-LYNCH processors. This company is also out of business but the processor is better suited to be modified with many off-the-shelf-parts.

BTW there is Dave Smith out in California. he has many parts for the jobo machines. If fixing is not what you have in mind he might be able to direct you to a solution better than anyone. Tell him I said hello.

regards

dw

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891014 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin