Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,550   Posts: 1,544,809   Online: 1032

Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678910111216 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    I for one, wish you the very best of luck.
    I would only warn of one thing, be careful using a jobo trained tech understanding he no doubt has IP agreements with Jobo as well as infrindging on Jobo's patent as well.
    OF course I'm not saying this is or will be the case, so do not read into that, I'm just saying keep an eye out for it.
    Luck to you.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Carnie View Post
    John and others
    Once we have made a prototype and then the 4 devices I wil make available all our schematics, drawings and sources for those of you using Jobos now and still want to keep your tanks in the future and have interest in building your own.
    Bob,

This would be a tremendous service to film users.

Tom

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    He is an independent guy that took the training over twenty years ago, If I have my way there will be absolutely no parts of Jobo on these units as I think the direction I am going is all parts off a shelf and put together in a very easy to understand fashion.
    But thanks for the heads up.
    QUOTE=dwdmguy;908950]I for one, wish you the very best of luck.
    I would only warn of one thing, be careful using a jobo trained tech understanding he no doubt has IP agreements with Jobo as well as infrindging on Jobo's patent as well.
    OF course I'm not saying this is or will be the case, so do not read into that, I'm just saying keep an eye out for it.
    Luck to you.[/QUOTE]

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    I think I am going to change my name to Saint Robert
    thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Kershaw View Post
    Bob,

This would be a tremendous service to film users.

Tom

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Bob,
    Just found this thread now. Sounds like something I would enjoy working on. Emailed you my phone no.
    Richard

Why are there no speaker jacks on a stereo camera?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    bob, do you need to fill the tanks while they're rotating? or is taking the drum off of the roller base ok to change chems?

-Dan

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    The drums will be taken off to dump and fill.

Quote Originally Posted by DanielStone View Post
    bob, do you need to fill the tanks while they're rotating? or is taking the drum off of the roller base ok to change chems?

-Dan

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    Ok Folks

I am a happy camper, by starting this thread and getting a bunch of ideas and now Richard and I have talked and he is willing to build what I envision.

It will be a all Canadian Project that uses Jobo Drums and Reels, The unit will allow for different times and drums will work from 35mm right up to 30x40 sheet film.
    We now have to give it a name and over the holidays Richard , my Technician who has done all the work at Elevator for over 15 years and myself will brainstorm and come up with a plan.

The parts will all be easily found in any Canadian Supply Store and we will try to make sure the parts can be found in the States.

Richard has agreed to give up spec's and such to anyone willing to build their own , or he may be co oerced to build one only after mine are done. You may have to entice him with a Tim Hortons or a Molsons.

We are still open to any ideas , sources of parts , or even doubt's or concerns.

I will personally make a 30x40 inch fibre print for the person who comes up with the best name for this device, on good old Ilford Warmtone of course.

Shooter
    35mm
    Well, since it will replace a Jobo and your name is Bob, call it "Bobo". :P

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Carnie View Post
    Listen Pretty Lith Boy

There has to be one wisenheimer in every group.
    This is a really serious matter, I think you should leave this for the folks with brains and go our and look for Jerry.
    Bob
    Aren't we touchy today!
    Life! Loathe it or ignore it, you can't possibly like it!:D

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin