Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,906   Posts: 1,555,862   Online: 907

Page 1 of 17 123456711 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images

My Jobo's are on their last legs

A sad day indeed, I will need to put to rest my Jobo's for good in the coming year. Parts are becoming impossible to get , service is non existant.
    My Alt 2300's have given me years of fantastic use and they owe me nothing.

I want to continue with film processing and I still want to use all my Jobo drums , reels that I have thousands of dollars invested in.

I am looking for a geek/master tech head , here on APUG that I can commission to build me a rotary platform that can hook up to all my drums, It must mimic the agitation that an Alt2300 does at two different speeds.
    We will hand fill and drain rather than the auto feature of the 2300 design so I am really looking for a base, programable timer and a connection that will hold the various tanks up to expert drums.
    In fact I will need up to 4 bases if the budget permits. Right now one working model will do.
    Parts must be North American, local to Toronto preferrably, I do not want to be looking for exotic plastic devices.

I have 5 thumbs on each hand and though I know what I want , I cannot make this device if my life depended upon it.

If this is a project someone here is interested in persuing please email me at bob@elevatordigital.ca.
    I do know about Joboman, I do know about Omega Sattar, I am not trying to fix the 2300 anymore , I want to replace the base and work a bit more manually.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Hi Bob.
    I'm sure we've talked before. I have the ALT2300 and I'm very technical. (Engineer)
    Would you like to chat off line and figure out what's wrong and see if we can fix her?

I know it's much much too expensive to ship for repair but we may be able to talk about it (email etc) and figure it out.

Now, if you firm on putting it to rest, please consider giving it to one of us for parts so we can live on.
    Best,
    Tom

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Bob;

I'm so sorry to hear this happen. I have 2 Jobos that have been unused since I started the emulsion work, but I too am concerned about longevity. I cannot help you, but I do believe that there will come a point when all of the parts are used up in exchanges. They wear and are one of a kind designed just for the Jobo. Heating elements and gears are big problems. Motors are special order items as well, I understand. And, they tend to burn out due to strain imposed by heavy loads in the drums.

Is this the fate of all automated analog cameras as well? It seems to me, we will see an epidemic of this across the board as the equipment becomes older and older.

Best wishes to you all for some sort of solution to the problem.

PE

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    Tom
    I have the alt 2300 the alt 3 plus two or three heads for the alt3 and I am not interested in fixing them as it is a constant threat and PIA to tell my customers to wait for repairs or parts.
    When I find a solution I will donate all the gear I do not want to those of you wanting the parts.

regards
    Bob
    Quote Originally Posted by dwdmguy View Post
    Hi Bob.
    I'm sure we've talked before. I have the ALT2300 and I'm very technical. (Engineer)
    Would you like to chat off line and figure out what's wrong and see if we can fix her?

I know it's much much too expensive to ship for repair but we may be able to talk about it (email etc) and figure it out.

Now, if you firm on putting it to rest, please consider giving it to one of us for parts so we can live on.
    Best,
    Tom

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Well, ok Bob. Then please keep me in mind.....
    Bob States "Is this the fate of all automated analog cameras as well?"

No, it will be the newer digi's that go WAY before the analog bodies.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Bob;

For film, have you considered going back to deep tank processing with Nitrogen burst agitation? Non-tech but reliable.

This uses a replenished process.

Larger Saran screen baskets will do RA processing at room temp.

This long term lab workflow goal may solve all current problems as automated equipment dies.

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by dwdmguy View Post
    Well, ok Bob. Then please keep me in mind.....
    Bob States "Is this the fate of all automated analog cameras as well?"

No, it will be the newer digi's that go WAY before the analog bodies.
    True enough, but there may be repair parts for the digistuff. (unfortunately)

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Guys, have you checked the LFF forum lately?

An Israeli member posted some extraordinary stuff:

http://www.largeformatphotography.in...highlight=jobo

Looks like a great solution to me - albeit for CPP/CPA processors, not the ATL...

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    PE
    I have and it may be a solution but I have been spoiled over the years with my Jobo's , not to mention the thousands of dollars in accessories.
    I only use Jobo for film.
    It is easy for me to say , but making a dedicated roller base that couples with my tanks should not be such a hard project. I just am usless at fixing things.. I am the idea guy rather than the one who actually can work with tools.

Bo

Bob
    Quote Originally Posted by Photo Engineer View Post
    Bob;

For film, have you considered going back to deep tank processing with Nitrogen burst agitation? Non-tech but reliable.

This uses a replenished process.

Larger Saran screen baskets will do RA processing at room temp.

This long term lab workflow goal may solve all current problems as automated equipment dies.

PE

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    Now thats what I am talking about.. thanks for the link, maybe some gearheads near me want to work with me with specific needs I have.

Quote Originally Posted by Denis P. View Post
    Guys, have you checked the LFF forum lately?

An Israeli member posted some extraordinary stuff:

http://www.largeformatphotography.in...highlight=jobo

Looks like a great solution to me - albeit for CPP/CPA processors, not the ATL...

Page 1 of 17 123456711 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin