Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,200   Posts: 1,531,492   Online: 955

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    While APX25 was a superb film it was only marginally better than APX100 which is an outstanding film, streets ahead of Tmax 100 which in practice runs a full stop slower to achieve the same tonality.

Some of the best/highest quality 35mm images I've ever seen where shot with APX100 or it's predecessor AP100, and processed in Rodinal.

It's afr morev important to have APX100 back in a full range of sizes from 35mm to sheet fil, APX25 had very poor sales in later years mainly because the 100 ISO film was so good, and far more practical

I found a roll each of AP25, APX25 and APX100 on my trip back to the UK 3 weeks ago so will be shooting them soon

Ian

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Lupus Imaging is seemingly the outlet of AgfaPhoto Holding. The latter is what is left of AgfaPhoto. With the demise of the AgfaPhoto coating plant that holding only holds the right to use, as an unwanted licencee of Agfa, that AgfaPhoto brand and that red dot (for sublicencing). And seemingly that holding has in some way still access to some remainders of the AgfaPhoto stock out of their insolvency.
    Last edited by AgX; 12-20-2009 at 02:54 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    Please do not expect any resurection of Agfa products. The AGfaPhoto plant in Leverkusen is dead, dismantled and you'll never have new APX films. It's finished !!!
    Aurelien, Analog Photographer

the analog place to be

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    APX 25 is the only Agfa film I will miss long term. Insignia was a favorite paper of mine, but the latest Seagull VC Warm is better in my darkroom.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I saw a post a while ago from someone who at least sounded like he knew what he was talking about. In it he said that then NEW AGFAPhoto Vista film was really Ferrania film. It was just re-branded Solaris film.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    And Ferrania have discontinued all their filmproducts and closed down the filmfactory, regardig a press notice on their website. But i dont give a damn. I will use my big stock of APX100 and 400, its a superb film. But i gett even nicer/smoother negatives (my personal taste) with Kodak Plus-x or TXP/TX. And if i really want the big bang, i develop in pyro and spend some quality time in the darkroom using several masks in the printing process.

Folks, there are plenty of fresh quality films out there, just learn to know them. If its packed in a yellow box and not dated years back, it WILL give you superb results if you keep your part of the deal and expose and develop it with understanding and care!

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    No one has mentioned it, but Agfa-Gevaert in Belgium is still an operating company with a coating facility. They could manufacture Agfa b/w films if they wanted to, after all they were the parent company of Agfa Germany. Lupis "could" contract for production. It seems that entering into a new distribution agreement would mean that there were large ample stocks of materials available, even if only in 35mm size.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurelien View Post
    Please do not expect any resurection of Agfa products. The AGfaPhoto plant in Leverkusen is dead, dismantled and you'll never have new APX films. It's finished !!!
    Certainly there will be no more film from AgfaPhoto; it is kaput.

The Adox/Fotoimpex project is on hold because there are still large stocks of APX 100 around in 35mm.

You can read about the status of the project here:

http://www.apug.org/forums/forum37/6...nufacture.html

Of course there's no guarantee it will ever be produced again, but the same group has returned Agfa MCP and MCC to production in the past 18 months.
    Digital Photography is just "why-tech" not "high tech"..

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    HAve to agree there will be APX100 hopefully once the glut of 35mm film disappears.

Just like Agfa's MCC has come back under the Fotoimpex Adox name.

Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Ian,

I just wish Fotoimpex packed Adox MCC in larger quantities (e.g. 100sh of 8x10" assuming a discount), and in stronger ILFORD-like boxes. A flexible paper with rich tonality, concerns aside. How about a German manufactured cold tone paper at some point from Adox?

Tom

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin