Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,969   Posts: 1,558,525   Online: 1054

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Kershaw View Post
    ...I just wish Fotoimpex packed Adox MCC in larger quantities (e.g. 100sh of 8x10" assuming a discount), and in stronger ILFORD-like boxes...
    Tom, ever since Kodak began packaging its 8x10 film in 10-sheet boxes there's been an on-line outcry. I'm sure sales have suffered as a result. It seems people don't readily accept reality. The market for analog photography products is a small fraction of what it once was. If a top-quality manufacturer decides higher prices and smaller packages are appropriate for this "new world order," why make matters worse by further discouraging consumption?

Please purchase and enjoy the extremely fine Adox MCC as it's currently offered. I encourage everyone else to do the same!

Shooter
    35mm
    Reading the press release, they talk of AGFAphoto "Branded" film, and don't mention APX400. Maco has been only selling the APX100 stock. As someone else metioned, Ferania themselves have said they are no longer making film, but the US plant was always a packing/converting plant for private label products.

Ferania USA could probably convert, perf, and package any master roll of film, from almost any source. Hard to imagine that any actual AGFAphoto made colour film would still be arround, but perhaps some of Ferrania's 2008 production is still in stock.

AGFA-Grevert is only set up to make Polyester base film AFAIK, and the stuff sourced from there is mostly from their Military-Industrial range. Thus Maco's S series films.

OTOH is is hard to tell the players without a scorecard, and several smaller makers are now capable of coating stuff, and sending it out to be converted.
    Charles MacDonald
    aa508@ncf.ca
    I still live just beyond the fringe in Stittsville

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well, I'm with Tom. I'd buy more of the new paper if it was in 100 or 250 sheet boxes.

Mike

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    If there is still APX100 lying around it would make more sense to start with some APX25!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Ferrania Solaris is still being made in 2009. There was an announcement in the summer of 2008 that Ferrania would stop film production at the end off 2008 however it looks like that did not happen.
    Last edited by brianmquinn; 12-22-2009 at 10:53 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The new Agfa plant isn't in a cave in Iran is it? Glows on its own?

Mike

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by sepiareverb View Post
    If there is still APX100 lying around it would make more sense to start with some APX25!
    ADOX/Fotoimpex have already stated that this absolutely cannot be done. APX 25 was discontiniued by Agfa because a critically important chemical constituent became impossible to obtain. This has not changed.

But APX100 and APX400 are feasible.
    Digital Photography is just "why-tech" not "high tech"..

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by aldevo View Post
    ADOX/Fotoimpex have already stated that this absolutely cannot be done. APX 25 was discontiniued by Agfa because a critically important chemical constituent became impossible to obtain. This has not changed.

But APX100 and APX400 are feasible.
    They may be feasible, but they don't interest me in the slightest. It's the APX 25 that I wanted to try. For 100 and 400 speed black and white film, we have many choices.
    Charles Hohenstein

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I believe the film(s) Rollei Retro 80s and 400s sold by www.macodirect.de are made by Agfa in Belgium. It says so on my 400s 120 film anyway.

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The majority of the Rollei branded films are current Agfa production or at least out of their current range.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin