Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,772   Posts: 1,516,542   Online: 872

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Joanna Carter View Post
    I did not drop the idea because of patents; I am simply going to have to rely on people not to steal the idea. Come the New Year and in the light of Fuji's announcement, I am hoping to take the idea further.
    Good Luck to you.

Oh and welcome to APUG.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by SWphoto View Post
    Fuji is very poor at consumer relations <snip> They've lost me as a customer, along with many of my friends.
    This is quite refreshing to read on APUG - a site known for it's many pro anything but Kodak individuals!

Regards, Art.
    Visit my website at www.ArtLiem.com
    or my online portfolios at APUG and ModelMayhem

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by gr82bart View Post
    This is quite refreshing to read on APUG - a site known for it's many pro anything but Kodak individuals!

Regards, Art.
    Yeah I was surprised to read this as well.

With regard to customer relations and communication I have always found Kodak to do an excellent job of making information readily available and through multiple communication channels -- channels the naysayers seem to never use. OTOH I have never needed much from Fuji so I can't say whether or not they are good, bad or somewhere between the two. I was made aware of the demise of NPL and RPT well in advance of their discontinuance which were the only emulsions Fuji made that impact my photography. I do think that Fuji has an unusual marketing approach with regard to E6 emulsion naming and Japan only products.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jd callow View Post
    Yeah I was surprised to read this as well.

With regard to customer relations and communication I have always found Kodak to do an excellent job of making information readily available and through multiple communication channels -- channels the naysayers seem to never use. OTOH I have never needed much from Fuji so I can't say whether or not they are good, bad or somewhere between the two. I was made aware of the demise of NPL and RPT well in advance of their discontinuance which were the only emulsions Fuji made that impact my photography. I do think that Fuji has an unusual marketing approach with regard to E6 emulsion naming and Japan only products.
    Fujichrome Astia 100F in 135 format has been discontinued in the UK, but as far as I'm aware the product simply vanished from price lists without explanation. However, in the interests of fairness, Fuji UK did respond to my e-mail to confirm.

Tom

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Just got my order of 5 boxes of QLs delivered today from Adorama. The boxes of Pro 160S have a use-by date of 11-2011; guessing the manufacture date of these would have been fairly recent, no?

I'd sure hope they remain available for a number of reasons. I'm finding QLs tremendously less inconvenient by not having to unbox and load, then unload to box film back up to deliver it to a 3rd party lab.

Haven't flown since the latest incident, but when traveling by air, TSA folks would hand inspect QL in ziplock bags. Even though they'd explosive sniff them it still seemed less risky to the film than someone either accidentally opening an unsealed box of exposed film, or the cumulative effects from insistence on running boxes through an Xray machine.
    Last edited by Pupfish; 12-29-2009 at 05:14 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Images
    This just sucks. I always got scratches on my slides before I used Quickloads.
    Technological society has succeeded in multiplying the opportunities for pleasure, but it has great difficulty in generating joy. Pope Paul VI

So, I think the "greats" were true to their visions, once their visions no longer sucked. Ralph Barker 12/2004

Shooter
    35mm
    This is surely bad news to many of us - it certainly is to me. I am wondering: Why must Kodak and Fuji just chop us off cold? Could they perhaps work on an indent basis, where interested groups of photographers, e.g. such as may exist here amongst the APUG membership, club together and undertake to place orders, on a 6/12 monthly basis? I guess we get what we deserve; if we don't buy these products then we can hardly expect manufacturers to go on producing them. I can only say that I am prepared to repent and I just wonder if any others feel the same? I find the Quickload/Readyload filmpacks very useful - no need for a darkroom or changebag and perhaps even more important no need to send off our film holders to outside labs where with the best of intentions one can never be sure of getting the same holders back. Over...
    Quote Originally Posted by SWphoto View Post
    from LF Forum, this report from British Journal of Photography, confirmed by release from Fuji, all Quickloads discontinued:

http://www.bjp-online.com/public/sho...ml?page=872222

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by David Callard View Post
    - no need for a darkroom or changebag and perhaps even more important no need to send off our film holders to outside labs where with the best of intentions one can never be sure of getting the same holders back. Over...
    David: I purchased a pack of 1/2"x2.75" white AVERY labels, the ones designed to be printed on with an inkjet home printer. Made some labels in Mic. Word with my name and telephone number, along with city and state(US), I only send out my color film now to a lab, but using a changing TENT(harrison) helps to minimize the dust issue with loading film holders.

since I switched from a changing bag to the tent, my dust issue is practically nothing compared to the bag, even with vacuuming, compressed air blow-outs, etc....

but I do agree with you though, QL's and RL's are extremely convenient, especially to the backpack 4x5 photographer.

-Dan

p.s. watch craigslist for used 4x5 holders, I just scored another 25 for $40, so the deals are definitely out there, you just might have to wait a bit to get some at a cheap price.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin