Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,914   Posts: 1,556,292   Online: 925

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format

All Quickloads, R.I.P

from LF Forum, this report from British Journal of Photography, confirmed by release from Fuji, all Quickloads discontinued:

http://www.bjp-online.com/public/sho...ml?page=872222

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Get Carter's

There's a woman in the UK working on an alternative version, she has posted on the LF Forum and I think here too. I've no idea how advanced she is with her progress.

Ian

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan
    Honestly, no great loss. The last pack of quickloads I had I ripped apart and loaded the film in film holders. I have had all sorts of issues with quickloads over the years.
    * Just because your eyes are closed, doesn't mean the lights in the darkroom are off. *
    * When the film you put in the camera is worth more than the camera you put the film in... *
    * When I started using 8x10, it amazed me how many shots were close to the car. *

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have a Kodak Readyload holder, so I know how Quickload holder owners are feeling right now. I have been considering selling my MPP 5x4 outfit.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I never used them (well, once I tried one out when I was out shooting with Robert Teague in Hawai'i), but I could see the attractions--clean film, ability to write on the packets, convenience under some circumstances.

They seemed convenient if you wanted to bring, say, 20 sheets of film on a trip, but filmholders and boxes of film were more compact when traveling with 100 sheets or more, and then if you wanted to use a film that didn't come in Quickload or Readyload, it just wasn't an option.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    I love these things. I like being able to make development notes on the sleeves, which I cannot easily do if I am re-using holders. I have a good supply of them still (probably about 500 sheets) so I am ok for awhile.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I guess changing bags and darkrooms are the only way now..... Atleast we can still buy these films. Maybe we could get Ilford to make readyloads (do they do that already?).......
    Helping to save analog photography one exposure at a time

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I just ordered 10 boxes of Provia QL- that should last me for the next two or three years.

I'm glad there was some time to stock up.

I'll hate going back to cut sheets. I've been using QL/Readyloads since they came out in the 1980s, and I've never had a spot of dust on any of them.
    Kirk

For up from the ashes, up from the ashes, grow the roses of success!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Grant View Post
    There's a woman in the UK working on an alternative version, she has posted on the LF Forum and I think here too. I've no idea how advanced she is with her progress.

Ian
    Ian,

The last post I saw from her, maybe 2 months ago, was that she was dropping the idea as she had talked to some attorneys about legal costs (patent costs I think) and they would be at least $10,000 USD. She could not afford it. There was some discussion about "investors" but I lost track of the thread.

Bob
    Best regards,

Bob
    CEO-CFO-EIEIO, Ret.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Readyloads came quite late so they are relatively new, a mid 80's introduction, they were relatively expensive compared to plain sheet film, I won't miss them at all.

The films I really want to use were never available, carrying Darkslides is no big issue but when I still shot LF colour then the Polaroid (Fuji) 100D was useful, the failure rate was an occasional problem, but the economics aren't right now for the film companies, sales have always been quite low now it uneconomic.

If someone were to make a new alternative to a Grafmatic back that would be different, or a new styl self loadable film pack.

Ian

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin