Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,814   Posts: 1,581,603   Online: 835

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I don't understand the disconnect either. My favorite paper has been Polymax Fine Art and I've been buying old stock when I could get it. A decent alternative is the Ilford papers of course.

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks for answering my question, I was talking about the whole digital thing, it appears that 2004 was the year then. I wish that I got into film before 2004, but then I was only a teenager. Now I'm close to 20 and care about it now, to me it seems a little too late. But at least I get to shoot Kodachrome and get to shoot some of the old stock that is left.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by RGS122 View Post
    Thanks for answering my question, I was talking about the whole digital thing, it appears that 2004 was the year then. I wish that I got into film before 2004, but then I was only a teenager. Now I'm close to 20 and care about it now, to me it seems a little too late. But at least I get to shoot Kodachrome and get to shoot some of the old stock that is left.
    It's not old stock.

Kodak still makes a wide variety of film. There are new films (Ektar 100), recently improved films (TMY-2), films that reflect continuing evolutionary improvements (the Portra series) and films that have been at least "tweaked" in recent years (Tri-X 400).

And they still sell a lot of film, although certainly not as much as in the past.

In case you haven't already gone there, here is a link to that part of Kodak's site that deals with their "Professional" films:

http://wwwcaen.kodak.com/global/en/p...?pq-path=13319

Matt

Shooter
    35mm
    Ya I've been there, but I guess I should have been more specific, when I mean old stock, I mean the E-6 slide films they've discontinued. Such as Ektachrome in 100, 100 plus, 160T, 320T, and 400X. As for black and white, HIE and Technical Pan.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I have about 800 shts of a 1000 sheet supply of Kodak Polycontrast IV RC. I wish Kodak still made this paper. I think that I might start looking for old stock to freeze, I love it.

Shooter
    35mm
    It began in the late 1990s. The loss of selections started to happen big-time in the early to mid 2000s. I think Verichrome Pan was one of the first classic, highly-sought after films to go after many years of stabilized availability, around 2002.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by B&Wpositive View Post
    It began in the late 1990s. The loss of selections started to happen big-time in the early to mid 2000s. I think Verichrome Pan was one of the first classic, highly-sought after films to go after many years of stabilized availability, around 2002.
    Thanks for the information.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    One Kodak paper I miss is the Elite Fine-Art.
    Follow the Light John 8:12
    ~~~PhotoBob

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by PhotoBob View Post
    One Kodak paper I miss is the Elite Fine-Art.
    Wasn't Kodak Elite a graded cool tone paper?

Tom

Shooter
    35mm
    If I had to pick a milestone--

1999---Kodak discontinues 126 film

"Elvis has left the building"

http://bigcharts.marketwatch.com/qui...freq=2&time=20
    Last edited by Donmck; 01-02-2010 at 10:58 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: doh

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin