Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,223   Posts: 1,532,498   Online: 1109

Shooter
    35mm

More Agfa Confusion

http://reviews.photographyreview.com...rth-america/2/

Langenfeld, Germany - December 16, 2009 - Lupus Imaging & Media - worldwide license partner of the AgfaPhoto Holding GmbH for several analogue photographic products - today announced that it has selected Ferrania USA, Inc. as its exclusive North American distributor of AgfaPhoto branded Films, Ready-to-Use Cameras, Analogue Cameras and Battery Products . Ferrania USA will stock and distribute the product lines through its offices and distribution center located in Weatherford, Oklahoma.
    I wonder who's actually making the film.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    ah. maybe it is already made? old stock? just thinking

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by pakeha View Post
    ah. maybe it is already made? old stock? just thinking
    Maybe? It's odd that they'd make these arraingements now though when the last of it is set to expire in what a year?

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Threre has been endless discussion over at RFF on this, if i remember correctly, nowhere in the press release does it say `new production of film'.It actually got a bit heated over there as it does.
    Expiry date would depend on storage , yes? I imagine that Agfa would have had sophisticated storage setup.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    I wrote to them and asked, and the reply was that the color film was new production. They didn't comment on the b/w, so that leaves me to believe that it's old stock.

Regarding future production of b/w film when that stock is sold off: I suppose we'll learn about that when it happens.

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The director of AgfaPhoto Holding recently indicated in an Interview that they are busy with make belief.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    If it is "new production" then it would probably be sourced from Fuji or Ferrania. Fuji already does private label color negative films.

cmo
    Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by AgX View Post
    The director of AgfaPhoto Holding recently indicated in an Interview that they are busy with make belief.
    Sharp tongues say the whole management buyout that created AgfaPhoto GmbH was just a big disgraceful mess that was staged to save severance payments to the employees by Agfa-Gevaert N.V... that was world class make believe.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Sounds just like Rollei (not the camera part) all over again, just buying the trade name. It's a big con.

Ian

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin