Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,821   Posts: 1,581,877   Online: 1114

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm
    Images

Galleries that feature wet darkroom work

At our gallery we only feature wet darkroom photography and it seems to be doing OK. We do have other types of art as well.

What I am asking is wether or not there is such a gallery in your area. Reason? Because I am serious about opening a second gallery that is only photography.

Anybody have any input?

Thanks,

Don

Shooter
    Large Format
    Pakenham Ontario? I seriously need to get out more Don. I had to Mapquest it.

No there's nothing that I'm aware of in S/W Ontario. I'm not sure there'd be a market here in blue collar Windsor though. We have trouble telling a silver gelatin print from a charcoal sketch. I'm "blue collar" myself though, so I'm allowed to slam us.

I would think London? K/W? Stratford and St Jacobs get a lot of traffic from the cultural crowd. Places like Cookstown north of Toronto might do well too.

Dave

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Of note as well is whether the gallery is private or public -- public galleries pay artists to exhibit, private galleries do sometimes but varies from place to place.

I commend anyone with a commitment to photography and exhibiting it...best of luck with your space, Don.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    The Dylan Ellis Gallery shows traditional and digital wet processes year long. We are located in Toronto

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Thanks Dave, Pakenham is really a quaint town. It is about 3 major blocks long, but very historic. We are looking at buying another building in town at the end of the bridge.

By the way, I come from a blue collar family and consider myself blue collar. Hell will freeze over before I wear a tie.

Google Three Yellow Tulips if you wish to get an idea of our little Shoppe.

Don

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Thanks Colin. We are a private gallery that pays a higher than average commission. At 3YT we only have local artists, but if we do the photo gallery we will accept works from wherever. Don

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Much success to you. Personally, I would never buy someone's inkjet print.
    Charles Hohenstein

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by lightwisps View Post
    At our gallery we only feature wet darkroom photography and it seems to be doing OK. We do have other types of art as well...
    Don

More power to you, but I didn't understand it completely. You only feature one things but you have other things too? :o scratching head...

Museum Ludwig in Cologne, Germany, a very old and prestigious art museum features 'real' photography and paintings. Maybe that is what you meant?
    Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht
    www.darkroomagic.comrorrlambrec@ymail.com[/URL]
    www.waybeyondmonochrome.com

Shooter
    Large Format
    That's hilarious Don! I found your web-site and my Aunt is one of your listed artists. Without mentioning her name, she's a wood turner from Arnprior. If you talk to her, don't tell her I didn't know where Packenham is.

Dave
    Last edited by Dave_ON; 01-04-2010 at 10:34 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras
    Images
    There are several in California in areas such as Carmel/Monterey, Napa, Mendocino.

Jon
    Mendocino Coast Black and White Photography: www.jonshiu.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin