Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,966   Posts: 1,558,415   Online: 895

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format

If you'd like 120/220 Freestyle Legacy Pro and Premium...

If you'd like Freestyle to provide these films (Fuji Acros 100 and Neopan 400, and Kodak Plus-X and Tri-X respectively), you should contact Freestyle to let them know your interest. Here's a reply from Freestyle to an email I sent re. these potential products:

"Thank you for your E-mail. I have passed it on to our Marketing
    Department for evaluation. If we receive enough positive feedback from
    customers like yourself we should be able to add the 120 & 220 sizes to
    the line if the manufacturer can supply us a competitive price and
    quantity.

Marv Keller
    Manager,
    Customer Service & Consumer Direct Sales"

Rick

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    just called them!

1-800-292-6137 (within North America)
    1-323-660-3460 (international)

hit the button to speak with customer service. tell them you want Arista Premium 100(Plus-X) AND 400(Tri-X) IN 120!!!!

lets get it going!!! believe me, students will eat this up!!!

-Dan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Just sent my email.
    Let's see what I've got in the magic trash can for Mateo!

blog
    website

Shooter
    Multi Format
    what the hell...I also suggested 4x5 and 8x10 as well

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I put my request in via Contact Us link.
    Even said we could then talk about sheet film once we get the 120 sorted.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    If Arista Premium was offered in all formats, I would never buy Kodak b/w film again (and probably not Ilford either, except for Pan F and Delta 3200), because I would fill three freezers with the Arista!

Unfortunately for Fuji lovers, the price difference between Neopan and Legacy Pro is nowhere near as large as it is between Kodak and Arista Premium.

Also, Fuji 120 film is already by far the cheapest b/w 120 film from any of the big three manufacturers (and perhaps from any manufacturer of decent-quality films as well). I don't know how much cheaper they can make it!

Nonetheless, if it was available, I would buy some 100 for long-exposure pix, just to save a little bit over the Neopan.

While you guys are making these calls, please ask them for Reala and Superia 100/400 back in 120 format. What a horrendous loss for me those were.....
    Last edited by 2F/2F; 01-26-2010 at 06:27 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    If Kodak suddenly see a slump in their Plus-x and Tri-x sales in 120 as we move to the Freestyle brand, I'm not sure that's necessarily a good thing for us. Sure we'll be buying the same product, but Kodak's not making the same profit on it. 120 isn't nearly as big a market as 35mm, so if it becomes less profitable rather suddenly, it'll ring some alarm bells.
    That is of course assuming a large chunk of people know the Freestyle brand is Kodak product and all of those people suddenly jump ship - which is pretty unlikely. But I think we do more for the sustainability of film photography by supporting the manufacturers directly.
    The other argument is we do more for film photography by making it accessible to more people, and cheap film certainly does that...

So I guess I'm not sure what I think, but it's something to keep in mind.
    The Analogue Laboratory, or 'so you built a darkroom in an old factory in the industrial zone'.
    Blog thing!.

Worry less. Photograph more.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    We don't (at least I don't) know what profit level the manufacturers have on a line of film, but when all costs are netted out (advertising, shipping, distribution, inventory, returns, etc), it may not be a losing proposition to sell thru a third party. I think there would be an incremental sale of film by a manufacturer selling to Freestyle. Perhaps they get incremental sales at the expense of non-participating manufacturers? It's all speculation, but I think Freestyle's offerings only serve to boost sales. Increased sales are the only way we will still have film available. I know I shoot more film when I can buy at Freestyle-type prices: some of this may be psychological, but I shoot more because of it

Rick

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Sent them an email with my request for the 120 Premium. Since that has been out it has been one of my 35mm favourites. I haven't tried the Legacy yet as I have about 500' of HP5 + to get through first.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I also just sent an email to freestyle requesting Arista Premium in 120. While not previously a Trix-X user, the quality and price of this film sold me! Hopefully others will contact them too.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin