Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,561   Posts: 1,545,289   Online: 764

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Calypso in Santa Clara was great for me since they were just down the street from my work. But when they went over the hill to Santa Cruz I switched to Foto Express in San Jose. Their equipment isn't as advanced but they've been great on my E6. They don't have the big investment in digital printing equipment that Calypso was carrying. For mail order, there's still Dwayne's or A&I.

Shooter
    35mm
    Another vote for fotoexpress. Henry the owner is a great guy. I give them all my analog work except 35 mm E6 (I send to A&I) and B&W (I do myself.) I hope to shoot some film this weekend!

~Steve Sloan
    San Jose, CA

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Does anyone have any experience with e-sixlab.com?

Shooter
    35mm

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    We are still experimenting with E6 so we are not confident enough to offer it as a service to the public. Give us a couple of months. Ilfochrome however is always offered. We are just outside of Ottawa Canada.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    This closure doesn't surprise me at all. Any lab today that offers processing @ or below cost pretty much can expect to be closed sooner than later. Labs that are serious about film processing cant stay open if labs like this one continue to give it away, just to bring other kinds of work in.

dw

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by dr5chrome View Post
    This closure doesn't surprise me at all. Any lab today that offers processing @ or below cost pretty much can expect to be closed sooner than later. Labs that are serious about film processing cant stay open if labs like this one continue to give it away, just to bring other kinds of work in.

dw
    Pleeeeease stay open dr5, I am up to my nose in Kodachrome this year, but when I am done, you can bet you will be getting quite a bit of B&W reversal from me on that canyon project.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by dr5chrome View Post

dw
    Really! Was this needed?
    "We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit"
    Aristotle

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Minneapolis Lab that does E6 and C41 & 120

I use http://universalcolor.com/ for my E-6 & C41 35/120 and all my digital printing. I think they do all the E6 in Minneapolis these days, I know the only big camera chain here in Minneapolis uses them.
    Last edited by Lanline; 01-29-2010 at 01:40 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I use Dale Labs for my 120 and 35mm E-6. Great work, great customer service and good prices. The offer mailers so it doesn't cost you to get the film down to them. They have very clean processing. www.Dalelabs.com I wonder how many states no longer have E-6 Labs. There are none in Maine or Rhode Island that I know of.
    Helping to save analog photography one exposure at a time

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin