Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,757   Posts: 1,516,006   Online: 896

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by bob100684 View Post
    which color negs and reversal?
    Color neg:

http://fujifilm.jp/personal/jan/color/35mm.html
    http://fujifilm.jp/personal/jan/color/professional.html

Reversal:

http://fujifilm.jp/personal/jan/reversal.html

APS (if you still care):

http://fujifilm.jp/personal/jan/color/aps.html

Basically the items that have "(*1)" underneath are the ones discontinued this time.

For instance, Natura 1600 color negs, 135-24 single roll and 135-24 3-roll pack are gone, but not 135-36 single roll and 135-36 3-roll pack according to the first link.

For reversal, Velvia 100 and Velvia 100F will stay in 135, 120, 220, 4x5, 5x7(special order) and 8x10, and that's just one example. I'm not gonna list everything here because there are just too many, but I mentioned about those 120 B&W films specifically because there are no replacements or alternatives from Fuji. Well, Gary says there is for the Acros according to a very well-known trusty shop in Tokyo, but Fuji hasn't announced that yet...

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I forgot to mention, National also says Neopan 400 was coming in 5 packs as well. It is not on their site, but I was told that verbally in the store. So let's just see on this will pan out.

Gary
    Build a man a fire and he will be warm for hours.
    Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Wow - I almost had a heart attack when I read the title! Of course, just as I finally settle on Acros as my 100-speed film of choice...

But if it's 5-packs, that's not a problem. When I was in Japan this past summer it seemed to me that already, there were certain films in 120 (reversal mostly) that were only available in 5-packs, so that seems consistant. In any event, I hope I don't have to stock up on film before moving back to Japan this March. I'll keep watching this space -- thanks for the heads-up guys!
    Rachelle

My favorite thing is to go where I've never been. D. Arbus

Shooter
    35mm
    Wow, I love those films. Maybe I should buy some bricks of them, just in case?
    f/22 and be there.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    To my mind, but I don't speak japanese, I only used the translator from Google, Fuji stops to sell its films in Japan in individual packages. That's all. No cease of production.

Please, can somebody ask Fuji in Japan, to confirm. BUt this forum is not a place for speculation.
    Aurelien, Analog Photographer

the analog place to be

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by coriana6jp View Post
    I forgot to mention, National also says Neopan 400 was coming in 5 packs as well. It is not on their site, but I was told that verbally in the store. So let's just see on this will pan out.

Gary
    I called Fuji this morning(what a geek I am...) and was told that the Acros100 will come back in 5-roll pack but not the Presto400. I was clearly told that the production of the Presto400 has ended, and therefore whatever is left in the stock is all there is left for the market. So, no more Presto400 in 120 for sure, at least according to Fuji at this point.

But this situation might be different outside of the Japanese market.

San Francisco, CA | Kuching, MY | Jakarta, ID
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by firecracker View Post
    I called Fuji this morning(what a geek I am...) and was told that the Acros100 will come back in 5-roll pack but not the Presto400. I was clearly told that the production of the Presto400 has ended, and therefore whatever is left in the stock is all there is left for the market. So, no more Presto400 in 120 for sure, at least according to Fuji at this point.

But this situation might be different outside of the Japanese market.
    I see absolutely no reason why Fuji would discontinue 400PR in 120. It's quite a popular film. None of this makes sense to me.
    Stop worrying about grain, resolution, sharpness, and everything else that doesn't have a damn thing to do with substance.

http://www.flickr.com/kediwah

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    IN japan, the 400 ISO film is called fuji presto 400. Outside Japan, it's called fuji neopan 400. same films. Will they just rename the japanese film as fuji neopan 400? I hope...
    Aurelien, Analog Photographer

the analog place to be

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Geez, maybe I better stick with HP5.. Was planning to try out some Neopan 400 and if they're ditching it I'd better stick with some good old Ilford product..

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    We have been waiting for Acros 120 for weeks and weeks now - we are told by Fujifilm UK that it will arrive on February 20th - Aparrently as singles.....So who knows what will happen. Already Neopan 400 is always sold as 5 Packs here in the UK, and I thought it was strange that the Acros was in singles.

Matt

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin