Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,526   Posts: 1,572,361   Online: 1047

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    San Francisco, CA | Kuching, MY | Jakarta, ID
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt5791 View Post
    We have been waiting for Acros 120 for weeks and weeks now - we are told by Fujifilm UK that it will arrive on February 20th - Aparrently as singles.....So who knows what will happen. Already Neopan 400 is always sold as 5 Packs here in the UK, and I thought it was strange that the Acros was in singles.

Matt
    Some suppliers in the US have been out of stock on 400PR as well. Here's the thing - it's a much better sign that people are *waiting* for shipments to come in rather than not waiting. It's usually a sign of demand.
    Stop worrying about grain, resolution, sharpness, and everything else that doesn't have a damn thing to do with substance.

http://www.flickr.com/kediwah

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have recently contacted Fuji USA and asked:

"I am hearing a rumor from multiple places that
    Fujifilm is about to discontinue Neopan 4oo Pro on 135 and/or 120
    format. Is there any truth to this story?"

Here's a reply:

"At this time, we do not have plans to discontinue the Neopan 400
    professional film."
    Develop, stop, fix.... wait.... where's my film?

San Francisco, CA | Kuching, MY | Jakarta, ID
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by tkamiya View Post

Here's a reply:

professional film."
    As usual, Internet FUD strikes again.

However, I will allow for quite the possibility that they're not providing it in JP anymore (which seems quite bizarre). Perhaps photographers in Japan are not making as much use of it as we are here in the US and elsewhere.
    Stop worrying about grain, resolution, sharpness, and everything else that doesn't have a damn thing to do with substance.

http://www.flickr.com/kediwah

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by tkamiya View Post

Here's a reply:

professional film."
    That is exactly the reply LF photographers received last fall when we inquired about Acros 4x5 Quickloads being discontinued (they had been), and this year about all remaining types of Quickloads being killed (they were). Neopan may or may not have been discontinued, but Fuji's word is worthless. The way Fuji "communicates" is thru suppliers posting things like "No longer available" or "Discontinued" on their websites.

Shooter
    35mm
    Neopan 400 is my favorite 120 film, and I'm currently out because Freestyle hasn't had it in steady stock for the last 6 months. I'm really starting to worry. Fuji only has 1 400 speed film as it is; if they discontinued Neopan 400 in 120 they wouldn't have a 400 speed film at all in 120.
    f/22 and be there.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    You can find it (Fuji 400 Neopan) here:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...nal_Black.html
    Bill Clark

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by SWphoto View Post
    Neopan may or may not have been discontinued, but Fuji's word is worthless. The way Fuji "communicates" is thru suppliers posting things like "No longer available" or "Discontinued" on their websites.
    The Acros100 and the Presto400 in 135-36 will stay, So for 35mm shooters, there's no problem. But the 120, with Fuji's lazy corporate-ass attitude, we are confused.

Fuji should release a statement about what the hell is going on with those films.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I don't understand.... Even if we don't know for sure yet about this bad news,

Aren't Kodak the bad guys dropping film? Isn't Fuji supposed to be the last man standing

Seriously, I doubt that Fuji will drop it's only B&W 120 film...

And there is been so much things going on... T64 status is fuzzy, 800z was witdrawed, then they changed their minds. All the fuss about the Instant Packfilm discontinuation.

K

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It's all about the checks and balances.... If it's not gonna fly financially for them, why should they continue with it?? With all the F.U.D flying around, why don't we wait and see what happens?? Freestyle says their next shipment is due in Feb 11th. Other places still have it also. If it goes to 5 packs.... I'll certainly be happier. It never made sense all that wasted packing effort for single rolls. Use what yer got, order more..... If it's gone, it's gone.... Move along and use another film!!!
    Please check out my website www.amoxomphotography.com and APUG Portfolio .....

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by clayne View Post
    Some suppliers in the US have been out of stock on 400PR as well. Here's the thing - it's a much better sign that people are *waiting* for shipments to come in rather than not waiting. It's usually a sign of demand.
    Here is a direct quote from an email from the Head of Professional film for Fujifilm UK:

Hi Matt

Pro400H 135 - mid Jan
    Acros 100 120 - mid Jan

Sorry for delay. Acros 100 120 in particular massively popular all of a sudden!

Matt

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin