Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,982   Posts: 1,523,854   Online: 1048

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Where to get optical mail order process/prints?

Anyone know where I can get affordable 35mm c41 processed/printed on matt paper?
    I'm not interested in labs that scan the film and print from that (walgreens) because I don't like that look. A and I charges $35 for 36 exp double prints and I'm not happy with their work (crooked borders, etc.)
    www.vinnywalsh.com

I know what I want but I just don't know how to go about gettin' it.-Hendrix

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The only quality lab that I know of that still uses an optical printer is Blue Moon Camera in Portland, OR. Their website is at http://www.bluemooncamera.com/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    thanks nick.
    hell, I'll even go for a drug store chain that prints optically. Any left?
    www.vinnywalsh.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    damn, this sucks.
    www.vinnywalsh.com

mjs

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by wildbill View Post
    thanks nick.
    hell, I'll even go for a drug store chain that prints optically. Any left?
    I think the answer is, "it depends". There's a CVS pharmacy in town, an old one, which still prints 35mm optically but there's only one tech, an older woman, who really knows how to use it. Results from the younger ladies are... mixed, I guess, would put it charitably. It took me two days to convince one of them that she could accept a roll of Kodak's C41 process B&W film. *Sigh*

That said, other pharmacies around have newer equipment and do the 'scan 'n spray' routine, which I also don't care for. If you can find a store which still has the old equipment, you may get lucky.

Alas, my last local 4x5 color lab has just processed its last wet prints (mine, as it turned out.) They've gone to scan 'n spray, too. I need to find a mail order place that does wet prints from 4x5 but it isn't urgent as I mostly shoot B&W and process it myself.

Mike
    Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming– “Wow! What a Ride!”

— Hunter S. Thompson

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Try http://goldencolor.com/. I use them for large optical color prints.

Steve
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin