Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,763   Posts: 1,484,033   Online: 1269

Page 2 of 44 FirstFirst 1234567812 ... LastLast

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Dammit I love TMZ. TMZ has been on shaky ground with respect to rumors the last couple months.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Gah. BW400CN is one of my favorites.

Regina Canada (sounds more fun than it is)
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    I hate to do a "told you so" but I reported back in November that Kodak was no longer supplying Canada with any TXP 120 (I tried to order 100 rolls). My thread was deleted as product speculation. That said, I am not happy to be right about the discontinuation of my favorite fast film.
    Once a photographer is convinced that the camera can lie and that, strictly speaking, the vast majority of photographs are "camera lies," inasmuch as they tell only part of a story or tell it in a distorted form, half the battle is won. Once he has conceded that photography is not a "naturalistic" medium of rendition and that striving for "naturalism" in a photograph is futile, he can turn his attention to using a camera to make more effective pictures.

Andreas Feininger

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Well, not that this is any thing authoritative, but I just got off the phone with Kodak about T-MAX 3200. The guy was very nice and said that he didn't see anything about it being discontinued. He told me that he checked the website, current product lists, and discontinuance notices. I'm in the US if it makes a difference.

Of course, take this with a grain of salt. It could very well be that the film isn't discontinued yet because they still have stock, even though they aren't making any more. I kind of get the feeling that Kodak doesn't delete a product number/line until they have no more stock left.

I'm still going to order some - I was getting low anyway

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by David A. Goldfarb View Post
    Any indication as to whether these are UK distribution only, or discontinuations at the factory?......
    Highly unlikely that it would be UK only, as some of the films on the list have never been sold in the UK, eg Tri-X 320 in 120 format. But I'm trying to get hold of the main man at our Kodak supplier just to 100% confirm it.

The way Kodak works in the UK is that professional analogue stuff isn't distributed from one point here, but through several wholesalers who source their material through Germany. So there's no longer a UK 'catalogue' of Kodak materials.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I've got an e-mail in to Scott DiSabato, Marketing Manager in the Professional Film Division at Kodak. I'll report back, if he responds without posting directly to the thread himself.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim Gray View Post
    .... I just got off the phone with Kodak about T-MAX 3200. The guy was very nice and said that he didn't see anything about it being discontinued. He told me that he checked the website, current product lists, and discontinuance notices..... I kind of get the feeling that Kodak doesn't delete a product number/line until they have no more stock left.....
    If you look back at past threads, Kodak seem to have this down to a fine art by now, Infra-Red B&W, IR Ektachrome, Tech Pan, all followed the same route. Kodak have a stance of maintaining that a material is not discontinued while there is still some in the pipeline. And then suddenly it's gone. I seem to remember in the case of Technical Pan they had actually dismantled the coating facility while it was still 'available'.

However, in this case the information is from an actual Kodak release, with anticipated end of supply dates.
    Last edited by Martin Reed; 02-04-2010 at 09:31 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: + a bit

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Martin,

Just when I was thinking about trying 220 film. 220 could prove very useful for inclement weather photography and midges...

Tom

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I don't think this is to surprising. Tri-x 400 out sales 320 in 120, and 220 in anything isn't a factor anymore. A 3200 film, couldn't guess there would be to much demand for this stuff (knowing it is someone's favorite film).

I know it's a big deal to those that use these products, but I bet all of these put together it isn't much of a blip on worldwide film volume.

Mike

Shooter
    Medium Format
    ARRRGGHHH

I just made TMZ my favorite new film for its wonderfull grain... For some reason, I didn't get along with delta 3200. I guess I will have to try a little bit more.

Anyone know if TMZ keeps well once refrigerated ? I might stock up. My guess is that its high speed makes it very prone to fogging. Damn damn damn.

What the hell is happening with Kodak!

K

Page 2 of 44 FirstFirst 1234567812 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin