Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,849   Posts: 1,582,844   Online: 759

Page 3 of 44 FirstFirst 12345678913 ... LastLast

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I agree with you Mike. I think people DO use the 3200 stuff, but the shelf life of that film is pretty crummy, which works against it.

While it sucks that TXP might go away, at least there are other options for ISO 400-ish B&W films, even from Kodak (400TX and TMY). But TMZ... that's it from Kodak. And there is only one other film on the market that is comparable (Delta 3200). That's what made me sad about HIE.

RE: TMZ in the fridge. I found it fogs eventually. Don't plan on buying a 10 year stock.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well, just ordered some 220 format TXP. Bumming that it may be discontinued, though I have to say I've been using more of the Tri-x 400 more frequently. I find it a bit more versatile than the TXP even though it's only available in 120 format.

Although it's not as fast a film, I think I might have to give Ilford Fp4 a go... I understand it's quite similar to TXP. Anyone have an opinion about that?
    Last edited by SuzanneR; 02-04-2010 at 11:56 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: grammar

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Suzanne, Ilford FP4 is a beautiful film. Have fun.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Grant View Post
    I'm glad I switched back to Ilford films 2 years ago.
    Yep.

Couldn't have said it better myself. Been about two years for me as well. An obvious-to-me decision (and subsequent recalibration effort) even back then that I've never once regretted, given Kodak's oft-repeated new positioning of themselves in the analog markets.

Harman/Ilford manufactures simply marvelous photographic products.

Ken

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    FP4+ has been my medium-speed film of choice lately, as someone with a TX/TXP sensibility in general.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicole View Post
    Suzanne, Ilford FP4 is a beautiful film. Have fun.
    I'll endorse that. FP4 is a great all-round film...I use a lot of that and HP5 (the latter speed since HP3 days!). I think of HP5 as a nice "old-fashioned" film..you "can't-go-far-wrong-with-it", if you see what I mean!

But all Ilford B&W stuff is good!

As for color slide, I'm not sure where I'll look when my stock of K64 is finished in a few months time. I'd only just discovered that EPP was still available and now that's gone!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I was really starting to like BW400CN in 120. Grainless and great tone.

I actually believed BW400CN might be one of the last films standing... with Kodak really streamlining most lines into C41 (ala Ektar "replacing" the E6 films).

I imagined a time 15 years from now when the Kodak catalog would consist only of Ektar 100, Portra 400NC, BW400CN and Tri-X 400.

Guess I was wrong.
    My other camera is a Pentax

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It is a real shame about the tri-x 320.

I was really starting to enjoy it in d76 1+1. It was simply stunning when i did everything right.

If this is true i guess i'll be going to the double fs. Foma and fuji.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    My favorite film
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin Reed View Post
    I've got a feeling Harman might rapidly re-assess the viability of HP5 in 220

K-G
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin Reed View Post
    I've got a feeling Harman might rapidly re-assess the viability of HP5 in 220
    I have used TXP-320 in 220 size for more than thirty years and it has been a wonderfull film when used in good lighting conditions. It's a shame that Kodak is going to discontinue it as it is the only remaining black and white film in 220 size on the market. If Harman can suply HP5+ or Delta 400 in 220 size, I will definitely switch to Ilford , both in 220 , 120 and 135 sizes. Today I mainly use TX-400 in 135 size but I have tried HP5+ and Delta 400 with good results, so I don't think the transition will cause any problems.
    I might even think of using Ilford chemicals if Silverprint can find a way of sending them outside the UK.
    Karl-Gustaf Hellqvist

Page 3 of 44 FirstFirst 12345678913 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin