Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,969   Posts: 1,558,518   Online: 1054

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexander Ghaffari View Post
    Yeah, I got that email too, and here is what I am wondering.

The National Forestry Service (or whatever US government agency over that department) signed a 10 year contract in 2008 with Kodak. In the contract, is said that Kodak Aerochrome III 1443 had to be produced for the US government until AT LEAST 2018. I saw the document.

It is 2010. 2010 minus 2008 equals 2. 2 is a smaller number than 10. What the heck is going on? What kind of financial penalties does Kodak have to pay to the US government for not honoring their contract? Hell, I get raped by the government as an honest worker. Can you imagine how the government treats entities that break contracts with it???
    What if the government broke the contract with Kodak?

"Hey Kodak, we don't want any more IR film!"

Does the US Government have to pay penalties?

PE

Images
    Nah, it is Kodak's fault. It is always Kodak's fault, no matter what happens it is Kodak's fault. The earth quake in Haiti, Kodak. AL-Qadea, Kodak. My unbalanced front right wheel, Kodak. The bastards.
    Technological society has succeeded in multiplying the opportunities for pleasure, but it has great difficulty in generating joy. Pope Paul VI

So, I think the "greats" were true to their visions, once their visions no longer sucked. Ralph Barker 12/2004

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Mark, you forgot San Andreas. That's also Kodak's fault.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexander Ghaffari View Post
    Yeah, I got that email too, and here is what I am wondering.

The National Forestry Service (or whatever US government agency over that department) signed a 10 year contract in 2008 with Kodak. In the contract, is said that Kodak Aerochrome III 1443 had to be produced for the US government until AT LEAST 2018. I saw the document.

It is 2010. 2010 minus 2008 equals 2. 2 is a smaller number than 10. What the heck is going on? What kind of financial penalties does Kodak have to pay to the US government for not honoring their contract? Hell, I get raped by the government as an honest worker. Can you imagine how the government treats entities that break contracts with it???
    Did you think it could be the GOVERNMENT who wanted to end the contract?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin