Switch to English Language Passer en langue franįaise Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,273   Posts: 1,534,583   Online: 1037

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    Well, Miss Hojna answered to your question, Ian

"We didnīt stop searching the solution, but we donīt know if we will be
    succesful in it and in case yes - certainly it would be not in short time.
    We regret very much this situation and thank you for your understanding.
    We hope that you will be satisfied with other of our products and will
    continue in using our materials."

Better, no?
    Aurelien, Analog Photographer

the analog place to be

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    sounds like a lost cause, but they gave it an effort.

Mike

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Sad news, I have one roll left in 35mm. I guess I just go down to their 100 ISO now....
    "Life moves pretty fast, if you don't stop and look around once and a while, you might just miss it."
    Ferris Bueller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks Aurelien, that matches what has been posted before. Basically one of the larger Foma dealers has said that the film is having to be reformulated. which matches what you posted,and that it takes time to test a new emulsion and it was not likely a replacement could be ready before the Spring, that colould mean April or May. Assumiongh it's feasible.

Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The replacement seems to be a problem when using an other material so that Foma can not continue on the same type quality level. They are searching for other alternatives now. In December distributors were informed about a possible production problem. Unfortunately Foma could not solve this in time. It's a pity because I think Fomapan Creative 200 is one of their best films.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Mirko from ADOX/Fotoimpex posted in the German forum that he thinks these announcements are not telling us anything new, and are probably just creating some uncertainty due to the vagaries of Czech-English translation--

http://www.apug.org/forums/forum342/...tml#post948504

I'm a little unsure as to what Einsatzstoff refers to in this context (the film base? perhaps the gelatin?), but whatever it is, it's changed and they are unable to compensate for it by simply adjusting the coating thickness, so they continue to work on a new solution.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Dear Robert,
    thank you for your e-mail.
    1) Rollfilms - thank you for sending the films - we will test it and will inform you!
    2) Fomapan 200:
    Our supplier of a raw material which is necessary for the production the Fomapan 200 emulsion finished production.
    Foma after very intensive negotiations and testing, unfortunately, could not replace this element so that we canīt supply Fomapan 200 in high quality as is required.
    This is the reason why we are forced to close production Fomapan 200 at present.
    We regret it very much, but we are not able to provide this product currently.

Hoping to hear you soon,
    have a nice day
    best regards,
    Dana

But Dana can also answer in German language and for me with some extra efforts in Czech too.

This missing material is special for Fomapan Creative 200 film. It has to do with the cubical and hexagonal structure of this unique film. It's up to Foma now to find any alternative material because what they tried so far was not successfull.

Here an electronic microscope photo from the Fomapan Creative 200 emulsion.
    This structure is pretty unique and not found by any other B&W film manufacturer.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Robert,

So Fomapan 200 is a designed grain / traditional hybrid film?

Tom

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Yes, you can descripe it in this way. But even to compete with Ilford (Delta) and Kodak (TMax) on the same level is not possible. In this way Kodak has at the moment the best technology. To reformulate a new Fomapan Creative 200 film is expensive and maybe for marketing reasons not profitable at all. But these are just my personal insight situation.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertV View Post
    Yes, you can descripe it in this way. But even to compete with Ilford (Delta) and Kodak (TMax) on the same level is not possible. In this way Kodak has at the moment the best technology. To reformulate a new Fomapan Creative 200 film is expensive and maybe for marketing reasons not profitable at all. But these are just my personal insight situation.
    Expensive, yes, but do you think that Foma can keep going with only two films in their catalog?
    Aurelien, Analog Photographer

the analog place to be

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin